Diet during treatment

Options
New to the group. My uncle is starting treatment- Radiation and Chemo and we are looking for any advice, suggestions, comments, or opinions on what he might be able to eat during his treatments. He had his tonsil and a portion of tongue removed so swallowing has been difficult but is getting better. Any suggestions?

Comments

• KTeacher
    KTeacher Member Posts: 1,103
    Options
    Welcome
    Welcome to the group. Thank you for being proactive for your uncle. The first thing to check is the Superthread that comes up once a week. Sweetblood has put a lot of time putting together this thread, it has so-o-o much useful information for us. Feel free to pop in an keep us informed on your uncle's progress.
  • robinleigh
    robinleigh Member Posts: 297
    Options
    KTeacher said:

Welcome
    Welcome to the group. Thank you for being proactive for your uncle. The first thing to check is the Superthread that comes up once a week. Sweetblood has put a lot of time putting together this thread, it has so-o-o much useful information for us. Feel free to pop in an keep us informed on your uncle's progress.

Great info
    Yes! Great information on Sweetblood's Superthread! Let us know if you have any problem finding it on the site. There are great suggestions for healthy smoothies and onto soft, easy foods, and getting back to eating as normally as possible! It's a process!!! I've worn out three Magic Bullets (from Costco)!!! Best forty dollars we've ever spent!
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Welcome
    Welcome Holman, you'll find a lot of great people here and awesome information and shared experiences...

I too was Dx with Tonsil Cancer STGIII SCC Tonsils HPV+...that was January 2009, and three years later, I'm clean and clear, all taste and nearly all saliva has returned.

Here's a link to the SuperThread mentioned;

SUPERTHREAD

It's a tough road, but very doable as you'll see from the large survivor membership here.

Best,
    John