garden gal here-update on what has happened last 2 months

garden gal
garden gal Member Posts: 212 Member
On my last post I told you about a fistula I developed. Was told they could not operate and tried to put a bag (not sure what you call it)on it because it was draining quite a bit I might add, they had no luck it kept leaking. Then a cathada was put in for TPN feedings that only lasted a day, my small bowel protruded right out of the fistula about 6 inches, rushed ino Boston Mass. General hospital and was operated on within 24 hours. Drs also told me an my family the risks involved in this surgery and they didn't pull any punches. Surgery consisted of fixing the fistula, repair 2 hernias I had one the size of a grapefruit, often had to hold it it felt so heavy. Because of my incision opening up after my hyst. I had an area on my abodomen that never healed because of chemo and the healing of the open incision was from the wound vac. I had put on, this made my abdomen spread out and literaly in 2 sections, sorry if this is to long. They cut out this section apprx. 5 inches across and 10 inches long. Removed my intestines and bowels untangled and resectioned them. this is jut a small list of what was done. I'm home and I'm doing really good long recuperation but I'm feeling good now. My last ca125 is 1,318 was told the number will most likely come down because of the surgery this is not a true number. Chemo will begin in another 2 weeks. Here's hoping that goes well. Just wanted to update and explain why I have not posted in a long time. thanks for all the prays and info over my almost 3 year battle with this beast. Kathy

Comments

• carolenk
    carolenk Member Posts: 907 Member
    This is good to hear
    Thank you for updating us. I am so glad you made it thru the surgery that was long overdue. You are a lot stronger than the doctor gave you credit for. Best wishes on your recovery.
  • Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    Dear Kathy
    So glad that your huge surgery is behind you. Whew, you've had a rough time and are one tough warrior. Best of luck with your chemo. Let us know how you're doing as you get a chance.
    (((HUGS))) Maria
  • azgrandma
    azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
    Mwee said:

Dear Kathy
    So glad that your huge surgery is behind you. Whew, you've had a rough time and are one tough warrior. Best of luck with your chemo. Let us know how you're doing as you get a chance.
    (((HUGS))) Maria

praying
    i am praying for you hon
  • Radioactive34
    Radioactive34 Member Posts: 391 Member
    Yay, you are back!
    I was worried about you. I am glad to hear that you proved them wrong and pulled through. It sounds like they got a lot done. I am happy to hear that you are doing good. :):):)
  • anicca
    anicca Member Posts: 334 Member
    Thank you for the update.
    Thank you for the update. I'm so glad you got through the surgery and are doing better! I hope the chemo won't be too hard on you this time and you continue to heal.

DB
  • clamryn
    clamryn Member Posts: 508
    Dear Kathy
    Gosh Kathy, you have really been through a lot. I am so glad to hear you are doing good. This just goes to show everyone what we can do. You are a fighter. My prayers are with you and your family and I am so glad to see you back on the boards.

((((hugs))))
    Linda
  • lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    clamryn said:

Dear Kathy
    Gosh Kathy, you have really been through a lot. I am so glad to hear you are doing good. This just goes to show everyone what we can do. You are a fighter. My prayers are with you and your family and I am so glad to see you back on the boards.

((((hugs))))
    Linda

Hi Kathy
    So glad you are doing really good after that big, big surgery. Sending you good thoughts and praying that your upcoming chemo is successful. Please keep us posted when you can.

Kelly
  • garden gal
    garden gal Member Posts: 212 Member

Hi Kathy
    So glad you are doing really good after that big, big surgery. Sending you good thoughts and praying that your upcoming chemo is successful. Please keep us posted when you can.

Kelly

thanks everyone
    will keep you posted on how things are going. there was a post not long ago about miracles well let me tell you I believe in miracles and thanks again for all the prays. Kathy
  • AnneBehymer
    AnneBehymer Member Posts: 738 Member

thanks everyone
    will keep you posted on how things are going. there was a post not long ago about miracles well let me tell you I believe in miracles and thanks again for all the prays. Kathy

I believe in Miracles
    was from me my best friend who had just passed her 5 years clean on lung cancer ended up in the hospital and they found three nodgels in her lungs. There were two different doctors that saw and measured then, but when she went in for her Petscan and found nothing. I told her that I believe in mircals because she is here with no nodgles after they had not only seen them but also messured them. I belived God is still in the miracle business and he has proven that to all of us. I am so glad you are back you were very missed.

Anne