Back to chemo

Options
2»

Comments

• LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    NASTY DISGUSTING BEAST - HATE YOU (the cancer)
    Dawne – I really hate what you’re going through. And I really, really hope, from the heart, this is the LAST time you have to deal with this. I will continue with my prayers for you. They will never stop. Praying for strength, positive mind and recovery. We are thinking of you.

Sending you a huge hug here from NY.
  • 1surfermom
    1surfermom Member Posts: 396 Member
    Options

NASTY DISGUSTING BEAST - HATE YOU (the cancer)
    Dawne – I really hate what you’re going through. And I really, really hope, from the heart, this is the LAST time you have to deal with this. I will continue with my prayers for you. They will never stop. Praying for strength, positive mind and recovery. We are thinking of you.

Sending you a huge hug here from NY.

Sancuso patch worked for me
    Hi Dawne, I also really hate, hate hate, that you have to do chemo over again. It just doesn't seem very fair or just. I do hope you don't have any nausea with the taxol. I had a horrible time with A/C nothing worked for me(it got to the point that I would have to keep a vomit bucket in the car just to make it home from the cancer center). I also had taxol for 12 weeks with weekly infunsions, because of my propensity to vomit at the drop of a hat , my oncologist prescribed the Sancuso Patch. I did not have any nausea for those twelve weeks, if you do experience nausea and nothing else seems to work I would ask for the patch. With much love Surf
  • azdixie
    azdixie Member Posts: 14
    Options
    I just wanted you to know
    I just wanted you to know that I am sorry you are having to go through this again and I am going to keep you in my prayers. Keep fighting like a girl!!!
    Hugs,
    Dixie
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options
    Wishing you the best with
    Wishing you the best with this treatment.

Doris
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

Dawne...
    I understand.....I'm stage IV.....I've known all along, without asking or being told what I have...triple negative is not going away ....treated as a chronic disease...I'll have to fight it as long as I live....I just finished 10 radiation treatments to my brain....3 small spots showed up on my last scans...shocked at that....I started chemo, again, last Tuesday......had a port put in and now the fight starts again....but fight we must....

This sooooooo sucks for all of us!!!!!!!!

Start your anti nausea meds the day before chemo...I take them religiously for the next 3-4 days...no nausea.....

Wishing you the very best...
    Hugs, Nancy

Dawne and Nancy you two are
    Dawne and Nancy you two are inspiringly strong. Please know im sending hugs and good mojo from Indiana to you both xoxo
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    Options
    I am sadden that you are
    I am sadden that you are going through chemo again be strong and fight this beast my thoughts and prayers for you and your family.Live,laugh and love.
    Hugs Frankie
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    carkris said:

I had taxol and it was ok. I
    I had taxol and it was ok. I did not get mouth sores, or thrush like I did on
    AC. I know this is scary we are here for you to help you fight, fight , fight. You are often in my thoughts!

I am so sorry Dawne. I will
    I am so sorry Dawne. I will be praying for you and I am sending you a huge hug!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

I am sadden that you are
    I am sadden that you are going through chemo again be strong and fight this beast my thoughts and prayers for you and your family.Live,laugh and love.
    Hugs Frankie

I am humbled by you Sisters -- fighting yet, another
    battle -- with poise, strength -- and the will power to do it all, again.

Prayers -- and HOPE for you all.

Strength, Courage and HOPE for better days for you!

Vicki Sam
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    weazer said:

Fight like a Girl

Sweet Dawne, I'm sorry to hear your news, I'm triple negative, and always have the fear in the back of my mind of it coming back, if it ever does I will Fight with all my might as you are!
    Please keep us informed on how your doing, we all are right with you.
    Take care dear sister, your in my prayers and thoughts daily.
    Karie

I am so saddened to read
    I am so saddened to read that chemo is once again part of your treatment. Dawne, you fight, fight as hard as you can and when you feel you need some extra support or strength, you just come here and let us give it to you.

Hugs and prayers,

Noel
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    AngieD said:

Dawne, I'm sorry you have to
    Dawne, I'm sorry you have to start chemo again, but you will fight and I'm praying win!

I have triple neg high aggressive BC. I had 8 weeks of every other week A/C and just started Taxol last week ( every week for 12 weeks). My husband has Esophageal Cancer and as luck (?) would have it, he started Taxol the same day I did. (Our cancer center was excited--never had a couple start Taxol on the same day)

Anyway, we had our second session today and are both very pleased so far with it. Better than A/C for me and better than Oxaliplatin/Xeloda for DH. Here are some things we were told that you may already know or, if not, might want to ask about:
    1) Before first dose take 20mg Dexamethasone the night before and morning of. After that they give it to you IV while the chemo is being prepared.
    2)Use saline rinse (1/2 tsp per cup warm water) 4 x daily to prevent mouth sores. If you should get some sores use more frequently for relief and healing.
    3) Take 100 mg Vitamin B 6 twice daily to help prevent neuropathy.
    4) Most do not have nausea problems with this.
    5)For some, they see fatigue kicking in more after the first 4 or 5 times.
    6)They have a nurse stay and watch for the 1st 15 minutes of each session after the chemo starts (takes about an hour to run with our dosages)

Of course, you know to check everything with your oncologist and different people respond differently.

Wishing us all uneventful and major cancer zapping results!!

Angie

Good luck tomorrow Dawne
    Good luck tomorrow Dawne with chemo!

Hugs, Debby
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    azdixie said:

I just wanted you to know
    I just wanted you to know that I am sorry you are having to go through this again and I am going to keep you in my prayers. Keep fighting like a girl!!!
    Hugs,
    Dixie

Is tomorrow your first chemo
    Is tomorrow your first chemo Dawne? Praying for you.

Hugs, Jan
  • Mitzi333
    Mitzi333 Member Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

I am humbled by you Sisters -- fighting yet, another
    battle -- with poise, strength -- and the will power to do it all, again.

Prayers -- and HOPE for you all.

Strength, Courage and HOPE for better days for you!

Vicki Sam

Dawne... You're in my prayers
    I'm sooo Very Sorry to hear this news. BUT, we're fighters, You're a Fighter and ready for the battle. Hang Strong and Tough. You're in my prayers, just as all of the Pink Sisters.

Sending hugs and positive vibes your way!!! I,too am humbled by your battle.

Keep the Faith... GOD WILL see you through...

{{{Hugs}}}
    Mitzi
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    carkris said:

I had taxol and it was ok. I
    I had taxol and it was ok. I did not get mouth sores, or thrush like I did on
    AC. I know this is scary we are here for you to help you fight, fight , fight. You are often in my thoughts!

I'm so sorry Dawne that you
    I'm so sorry Dawne that you have to go back into treatment. Lots of positive thoughts and prayers!

♥ Kristin ♥
  • MsGebby
    MsGebby Member Posts: 659
    Options
    I haven't
    been to this site for a while. Every post I read makes me cry! I want to vomit just reading how hard a time my sisters are having. This has got to stop!

I just screamed outloud F*CK CANCER! This is so very upsetting. My prayers will continue.

You are an inspiration for me. And you have always and still are someone I have come to "know" (however unfortunate the circumstances of getting to know you) as a sister.

It is so true that cancer cannot take away our spirits. You are a fine example of that.

Keep up the fight! Sending love and hugs your way.

Mary