Vactions: anyone have up coming plans to get away?

Options
2»

Comments

• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    bad121749 said:

Short trip
    My husband and I are going to a blue grass festival in NC in a few weeks. We don't have a set time of year to vacation, but find that time is valuable and precious so we take mini trips when possible. My sister are planning to go fishing Friday!! Love to all, Barbara

We're going to the gulf
    We're going to the gulf again this year. We go there every year and rent a beautiful home right on the gulf. Can't wait!

Leeza
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options

Camping
    We were going to go on a cruise in July, but with the recurrence to my heart & pleural space my Dr said no way right now. So we live around the corner from the lake and we will take our travel trailer out there for memorial day and July 4. My parents and a few friends will also take theirs out so we will have a big group of people and just have tons of fun.

Hugs and God Bless,

Dawne

I am~
    ~my vacation is almost over!! I am in Phoenix visiting my sister~going shopping, eating lunch out (dinner sometimes too!)and getting a little sun. It has been the best time. I fly home on Weds 4/4 and that day is coming too fast! It will be back to work for me, but was just the break I needed. This is my big sister who helped take care of me thru all my surgeries. Even tho we are 12 years apart in age, we look very much alike, and enjoy so many of the same things. soon it will be back to the pacific northwest!!
    ~Melanie
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    off to Colorado!
    Only for 5 days, my grandson is turning 5! I can't wait. We will also go to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs.
    I wish I could retire so I could spend more time with the gk's.

Cindy
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options

Camping
    We were going to go on a cruise in July, but with the recurrence to my heart & pleural space my Dr said no way right now. So we live around the corner from the lake and we will take our travel trailer out there for memorial day and July 4. My parents and a few friends will also take theirs out so we will have a big group of people and just have tons of fun.

Hugs and God Bless,

Dawne

Sorry about not going on
    Sorry about not going on Cruise...but sounds great with Lake near by. We camp yearly (have boat) and all cousins, aunts, uncles etc from both side camp same place..great time..good memories...

Denise
  • disneyfan2008
    Options

I am~
    ~my vacation is almost over!! I am in Phoenix visiting my sister~going shopping, eating lunch out (dinner sometimes too!)and getting a little sun. It has been the best time. I fly home on Weds 4/4 and that day is coming too fast! It will be back to work for me, but was just the break I needed. This is my big sister who helped take care of me thru all my surgeries. Even tho we are 12 years apart in age, we look very much alike, and enjoy so many of the same things. soon it will be back to the pacific northwest!!
    ~Melanie

NICE...you had down
    NICE...you had down time...bummer it's over..NICE YOU have such a great sister..

Denise
  • disneyfan2008
    Options
    mamolady said:

off to Colorado!
    Only for 5 days, my grandson is turning 5! I can't wait. We will also go to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs.
    I wish I could retire so I could spend more time with the gk's.

Cindy

Sounds great...I dont' need
    Sounds great...I dont' need to retire to spend more time with my grandkids..the live with us...(with their mom) been about 4+ yrs now...

Zoo sounds great..

Denise
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Sounds great...I dont' need
    Sounds great...I dont' need to retire to spend more time with my grandkids..the live with us...(with their mom) been about 4+ yrs now...

Zoo sounds great..

Denise

I will be going on a cruise -- with my Sister -- girls only,
    no husband's or children -- we leave on April 28th via the Princess Sapphire - I can
    hardly wait to get pampered -- read, relax in the sunshine, and dance the night away.

My Sister was such a big supporter of my breast cancer battle, and journey. When I
    thought I could NOT go on with chemo and its many side efforts -- she made sure
    in any way to convince me to fight, fight, fight. We always said that once chemo
    was over -- we would go on a 'Sister's only' vacation. Then came my staph infection
    while vacationing with my family at the Grand Canyon ..multiple WBC issues, and so
    on. Now the time has come .. for fun, and sun -- and Sister time.

Vicki Sam
  • disneyfan2008
    Options
    VickiSam said:

I will be going on a cruise -- with my Sister -- girls only,
    no husband's or children -- we leave on April 28th via the Princess Sapphire - I can
    hardly wait to get pampered -- read, relax in the sunshine, and dance the night away.

My Sister was such a big supporter of my breast cancer battle, and journey. When I
    thought I could NOT go on with chemo and its many side efforts -- she made sure
    in any way to convince me to fight, fight, fight. We always said that once chemo
    was over -- we would go on a 'Sister's only' vacation. Then came my staph infection
    while vacationing with my family at the Grand Canyon ..multiple WBC issues, and so
    on. Now the time has come .. for fun, and sun -- and Sister time.

Vicki Sam

Vicki:
    great...to get

Vicki:
    great...to get away..girls only also great...pamper away...enjoy every second..

Denies
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options

Vicki:
    great...to get

Vicki:
    great...to get away..girls only also great...pamper away...enjoy every second..

Denies

I'm in Las Vegas
    Will be here until April 10. Not a wild and crazy thing - I'm visiting my grandkids (and their parents). Tomorrow is my granddaughter's birthday. Isabella Suzanne will be 6. She was born on 4-5-6. My grandsons are 15 and 13. These kids are the love of my life. Yes, I do love their parents (and my son who also lives in LV), but . . . .sigh. Grandchildren. .

Suzanne
  • disneyfan2008
    Options

I'm in Las Vegas
    Will be here until April 10. Not a wild and crazy thing - I'm visiting my grandkids (and their parents). Tomorrow is my granddaughter's birthday. Isabella Suzanne will be 6. She was born on 4-5-6. My grandsons are 15 and 13. These kids are the love of my life. Yes, I do love their parents (and my son who also lives in LV), but . . . .sigh. Grandchildren. .

Suzanne

sounds like a great time...I
    sounds like a great time...I have 2 grandsons (7 & 5 yrs) they live with us (mom too) for about 4 yrs now...so no getting away from mine...hehe...

Have a great time and take lots of pictures...

Denise