in one ear and out other

Options
disneyfan2008
disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
My oldest works at local Imagining center (MAmmo, xrays, CAT scan etc) sees many woman with breast cancer. This weekend she was talking about PINK (Breast cancer wiper blades) I said you have Orange car and goingn to put PINK blades? she said yes..I said for Cancer or just PINK (she loves PINK) she said MOM i work at diagnosis center! I said OH well next week is 4 yrs since my breast sugery! She just kept talking like she never heard me!

I thought she would have said YES PINK since you went through this or something...but I WORK at Center.

Denial? won't acknowledge? NEVER Really talked about it over past 4 yrs..

Denise

Comments

• Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I have 3 sons
    I have 3 sons so I don't say much around them.This past month my older son was over.I told him about my problems being delayed for a biopsy.This was a shock to him.I don't always tell my sons alot.I like to keep it private till I know something.Don't want to get everyone thinking my cancer is back when it very well may not be.

My son was speehless and had a very concerned look on his face. A discouraging look.Might be the way your daughter feels.

I can see though how you would feel though.Mom I work at a diagnosis center.Not" Mom I am doing it for you and so many others I see with my job".

Lynn Smith
  • disneyfan2008
    Options

I have 3 sons
    I have 3 sons so I don't say much around them.This past month my older son was over.I told him about my problems being delayed for a biopsy.This was a shock to him.I don't always tell my sons alot.I like to keep it private till I know something.Don't want to get everyone thinking my cancer is back when it very well may not be.

My son was speehless and had a very concerned look on his face. A discouraging look.Might be the way your daughter feels.

I can see though how you would feel though.Mom I work at a diagnosis center.Not" Mom I am doing it for you and so many others I see with my job".

Lynn Smith

SHE said yes well aware of
    SHE said yes well aware of BC...but never menntioned me..that's ok..we all handle differnetly...but when I said oh next week 4 yrs since my breast surgery she never missed a beat talking about PINK wipers for BC...I am sure she heard me..! ONLY time she really ackknowledge much of anything over past 4 yrs was post hysterectomy-she said "DON"T try to be super mom/ woman/ mema"... he way of saying listen to Dr and take it easy!

Thanks for reply

Denise
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

SHE said yes well aware of BC...but never menntioned me..that's ok..we all handle differnetly...but when I said oh next week 4 yrs since my breast surgery she never missed a beat talking about PINK wipers for BC...I am sure she heard me..! ONLY time she really ackknowledge much of anything over past 4 yrs was post hysterectomy-she said "DON"T try to be super mom/ woman/ mema"... he way of saying listen to Dr and take it easy!

Thanks for reply

Denise

Denise...
    It may be time for a sit down conversation with your daughter...she's not a child...I think it's time for you to tell her exactly how you feel....especially after 4 years of little talk of your bc.....

Best wishes,
    Hugs! Nancy
  • disneyfan2008
    Options
    MAJW said:

Denise...
    It may be time for a sit down conversation with your daughter...she's not a child...I think it's time for you to tell her exactly how you feel....especially after 4 years of little talk of your bc.....

Best wishes,
    Hugs! Nancy

Nancy:She has a rough
    Nancy:

She has a rough exterior...soft inside..just hard to get to that place. I know it's just her personality. She has softened up in past year or so. MY hubby doesn't talk about it either-he is just one to not talk about things he doesn't like! Avoid-ignore!

I am not sure at work if she mentions me when ladies are talking.

I acting LIKE NO big deal 4 yrs ago and didnt' really give any more info then I needed to-

Denise
  • disneyfan2008
    Options

Thanks for reply

Denise

wow so many typos
    wow so many typos above...sorry !!!