Chemo Side Effects - Excess Saliva

Options
tatem222
tatem222 Member Posts: 3
Hello everyone. I am currently going through my fourth round of BEP (Bleomycin, Etoposide, and Cisplatin) to treat an ovarian dsygerminoma. For the last three weeks I have been struggling with excess saliva. I am constantly spitting. I've tried claritin, benadryl, and even Zantac with no relief - at the suggestions of nurses. Does anyone have any advice? Thank you!!

Ashley

Comments

• Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Welcome, Ashley
    Can't add anything about the excess saliva, but I wanted to say "hi" and ask you to let us know if you find a solution.
    (((Hugs))) Maria
  • carolenk
    carolenk Member Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Mwee said:

Welcome, Ashley
    Can't add anything about the excess saliva, but I wanted to say "hi" and ask you to let us know if you find a solution.
    (((Hugs))) Maria

If you do an Internet search
    If you do an Internet search on "excess saliva," you will find a list of conditions that cause this--including poisoning & inflammation of mucus membranes. The way I see it, your body is making excessive salive for a reason & I can't imagine why someone told you to take Claritin.

Please make sure you replace the lost fluids by drinking lots of water. That might even help the problem.