Been A Long Time

Options
24242 Member Posts: 1,398
I too don't come as much as I once did I guess because I am not so entrenched in it and had to let it go and not let it define me in anyway. Doesn't mean I don't and won't have problems but I am glad that cancer has gotten further away and not always at the front of my brain.
It has been 15 years now since my diagnosis and have been excited again about many things and that includes my 20 year relationship that has sparked a new light in us both and I think that comes from pure gratitude.
My partner found a lump after Christmas and has had a lot of stress since finding out a couple years ago that her government job of 29 years was ending and she too would be out there loosing her middle income with benefits and pension programs to part time minimum wages. That doesn't exactly pay morgages often as you all might know since a boarder seperates us. I was furious to think that we would have to face this again and Wow I did not react well at all. I know now that any stress affects our health and I have been living a better life and I am glad for that. I was mad that her employer did this to people and there was a guy who's wife had cancer and would loose his benefits when his job was done.
I just wanted to say after all the years I have been here I have appreciated knowing what the human spirit is truly made of. The women who think enough to write knowing others will be able to read do so of themselves freely and that is couragous in itself. I have always known I could lay my thoughts my fears here and breath deeper. This site has been a big part of the change I have made for and in me. I thank you all and hope you all truly know The Kindred Spirit lives on though we have lost many along the way and I will be touched forever more. Thank You All
Tara

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Aw, Tara....glad to 'see' you....
    And thank you for the update!!!

Dutch hugs, Kathi
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    KathiM said:

Aw, Tara....glad to 'see' you....
    And thank you for the update!!!

Dutch hugs, Kathi

Hi Tara
    Thank you your update. 15 years is great umber and remarkable journey,
    Congratulations, it gives hope and inspiration to many of us.
    Wishing you the best
    New Flower
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Welcome back
    Even if it is only for a short while. Good to see you.
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

Welcome back
    Even if it is only for a short while. Good to see you.

What...
    What an inspiring post! 15years......how wonderful! I wish you double that in the future....!!!!!!
    And I am sorry to hear about your partner......Amazing, that after 29 years of hard work and loyal service that a person can just be " tossed" aside...
    Don't know what this country is coming to......you said she found a lump...is it breast cancer?

I'm fighting the beast for a third time....Stage IV.... can't imagine the added stress of losing our benefits, health insurance, etc.
    I wish you both better days ahead....I, too, am so grateful for all these courageous women on this board...they have helped me retain my sanity!
    Hugs, Nancy