an update on my hubby

Options
fauxma
fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
Den is doing okay. After many tests that were all negative (thank heaven) they have concluded that he has lost strength in his throat and tongue and they have put him back on puree and thickened liquids. He is doing well and back in the care center. His PT is going well. He can get to a sitting position on the bed (wht someone there in case) and pull himself up to the walker and he walked a long ways yesterday. Eating is slow but he is able to to do. they have added speech PT as well as the hip PT. We are happy that nothing new was found and happy with his general prgress. One day at a time and patience is our key. I want to thank you all for your kind words, prayers, and support. It means toe world.
I feel so bad that I rarely respond to posts and that you all have been so kind whenever I have needed it. Please know that I read all the posts and that I keep each and everyone in my thoughts and prayers. I pray that those nealy diagnosed have the support to do what they need to do, that those that are having recurrences have the strength to fight again, that those who are having tests and follow ups hear no bad news and that those that worry about cancer returning have peace. And I pray for those that have other issues that may not be cancer related but that are just as concerning and worrisome as the disease that brought us together. I pray that one day there will be a cure so others do not need to find a place (even a most wonderful place) like this to turn to. And most of all I pray that we can all find some measure of happiness while fighting this disease and the other challenges our lives present. For those that have known me a long time, I still believe that we cannot change the wind but we can adjust our sails. And I don't care if my glass is half full or half empty, I am just happy to have a glass.
Love to you all my friends,
Stef

Comments

• Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Hi Stef,
    I'm so glad to hear

Hi Stef,
    I'm so glad to hear that your husbands doing better. Don't worry about not posting often, my gosh, you've had a lot on your plate!
    I haven't been on much lately either and I feel bad when I miss a pink bus ride or a birthday wish but we all know how much we care about each other and we always have each others back.
    God Bless and take care.
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options

Hi Stef,
    I'm so glad to hear

Hi Stef,
    I'm so glad to hear that your husbands doing better. Don't worry about not posting often, my gosh, you've had a lot on your plate!
    I haven't been on much lately either and I feel bad when I miss a pink bus ride or a birthday wish but we all know how much we care about each other and we always have each others back.
    God Bless and take care.
    Hugs,
    Wanda

Hi Stef
    Thank you for taking the time to update us on your dear hubby. Sounds like progess is definitely being made and that is good. We all understand how difficult it must be for you right now and though we love hearing from you, never feel badly about having to deal with your life.

Know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers always.

Take good care.

Hugs, Renee
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    missrenee said:

Hi Stef
    Thank you for taking the time to update us on your dear hubby. Sounds like progess is definitely being made and that is good. We all understand how difficult it must be for you right now and though we love hearing from you, never feel badly about having to deal with your life.

Know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers always.

Take good care.

Hugs, Renee

Stef we love you too
    Sorry for the hardships
    Hugs
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    One of the beauties of being
    One of the beauties of being here, for me, is the knowledge that even when away for a bit it is easy to come back. I know that, posting or not, the thoughts and prayers of the pinks continue. As my thoughts and prayers continue for you and Den.

I'm glad to hear that Den has no new issues. Hopefully his recovery will continue and he will continue to get stronger and stronger.

Hugs,

Linda
  • BetsyJane
    BetsyJane Member Posts: 127
    Options
    Many prayers
    I am keeping you and your husband in my prayers.

Betsy
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    I'm not posting much anymore
    I'm not posting much anymore either. I still think of everyone.

Glad things are OK.

Big hugs,
    marcia
    24242 Member Posts: 1,398
    Options
    Thank You
    I am glad to here your hubby is making his way through and so are you...
    You have just given me words to remember and I thank you for that.
    Spoken like a true trooper and doing the best you both can.
    Be good to yourself,
    Tara
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    24242 said:

Thank You
    I am glad to here your hubby is making his way through and so are you...
    You have just given me words to remember and I thank you for that.
    Spoken like a true trooper and doing the best you both can.
    Be good to yourself,
    Tara

Stef ...
    Den is moving in the right direction -- so many obstacles, however, he
    is breaking barriers -- as well as moving forward.

I pray, hope and wish -- for a speedy and complete recovery!

You, and Den have been thru so much these past 2 years -- so sorry,
    I wish I could carry the load for you for a few days, so you can
    get some rest, dear Sister and rejuvenate.

Strength, Courage and HOPE for better days.

Vicki Sam
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Stef ...
    Den is moving in the right direction -- so many obstacles, however, he
    is breaking barriers -- as well as moving forward.

I pray, hope and wish -- for a speedy and complete recovery!

You, and Den have been thru so much these past 2 years -- so sorry,
    I wish I could carry the load for you for a few days, so you can
    get some rest, dear Sister and rejuvenate.

Strength, Courage and HOPE for better days.

Vicki Sam

thanks for posting Stef, you
    thanks for posting Stef, you are such an inspiring lady. prayers for Den's continued recovery.