OT - Any one want to learn tatting?

Options
Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
Anybody want to try to learn to Tat? If you do let me know and I'll try to teach you. At another Forum, I'm going to be teaching some one so I thought if anyone here wants to try I might as well at the same time. Even if you have tried before looking at a book and it I've taught others how but have always been with them so as this will be verbal on line, I spent some time this week trying to figure out how to explain each movement better. Well I realized that after 60+ yrs of tatting - hands are just programed to do it. So it dawned on me that if I taught myself to tat left handed, I now have experience with 'unprogramed' hands to work with - it worked - I have a different idea of how to explain to 'new' hands.

So, if anyone wants to try - let me know. All that is needed is a tatting shuttle (metal ones are better and $3 - $4) and thick crochet thread to start as it's easier to see what you're doing and untie booboo knots.

Winyan - The Power Within

Susan

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    I thought tatting was a lost art.
    I learned to tat when about 6 years old this lady showed me how to (it might have been just one stitch-it's been too long). But I didn't keep doing it so I have forgotten how. I know they use tatting to make doilies but maybe if you tell what else it is useful for someone might be more interested. It's nice of you to teach others.
    24242 Member Posts: 1,398
    Options
    Love Stitch Art
    I am long stitcher and crueler so that would be really interesting for sure. I would be interested to see how this done but work long hours and not on this thing that much anymore. Oh up at all hours of night since sleep is a huge problem at this time in my life. I now have the insomnia that my brother and mother have suffered most of their lives. Let me know when and how and I will start looking for tatting shuttle and crochet thread. Could always post a video on utub lolol.
    Thanks for thinking of us lost out here in the tread world.
    Tara