Hi have my test results on Inflammatory breast cancer

Options
lauraof4
lauraof4 Member Posts: 24
Hi everyone Friday I got my results. I am in stage 3b and HER2 Pos. I am going to have 12 rounds weekly of chemo. After that 4 rounds every other week. Taxol, herceptin, cytoxan and adriamycin. GOOD NEWS ITS NOT IN MY BONES OR ANY ORGANS.
I will tell you we all feel better knowing what we have to face. I am going to think positive.
I do have a question has anyone tried the trail study with Inflammatory breast cancer. Do you know if that is a good way to go. I dont want to take any chances. I live in Illinois and am going to loyola.I know loyola is a great hosipital. My problem is my family lives in Arizona. Will have more support in Arizona. I do have my Mom here and friends. Dont know what to do. One thing for sure I am starting chemo this Tuesday.
Thank you and I am sending prayers to all of you!!

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    Good luck on Tuesday
    Laura,
    Good luck with your first Chemo session. You need to start your treatment next week. If you feel you are not having enough support you will reconsider .
    the location of your treatment. Loyala is a good place. Hopefully your Mom will visit you and stay for some time.
    Sending positive thoughts and wishing you the best
    New Flower
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    Hugs
    Hi Laura, Just want to say hello and wish you all the best as you start treatment. Know that you can come here and pick our brains, vent or just share when you feel the need to. Remember to take extra good care of yourself, drink plenty of fluids and rest whenever you feel the need to do so. I will keep you in prayer as well!

Big Hugs,

RE
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Yes the plan
    is always good to have. It cuts down on a lot of questions for many. Will pray for wisdom in your decision making.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    RE said:

Hugs
    Hi Laura, Just want to say hello and wish you all the best as you start treatment. Know that you can come here and pick our brains, vent or just share when you feel the need to. Remember to take extra good care of yourself, drink plenty of fluids and rest whenever you feel the need to do so. I will keep you in prayer as well!

Big Hugs,

RE

Wishing you good luck on
    Wishing you good luck on Tuesday Laura. Keep posting to let us know how you are doing.

Sue :)
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options

Yes the plan
    is always good to have. It cuts down on a lot of questions for many. Will pray for wisdom in your decision making.

Hi Laura
    You mentioned you have a lot of support in Arizona. Well, all I can say is that I live in Phoenix and we have some of the best cancer treatment facilities in the country here--if it is ever your choice to come here for treatment. We have Mayo, MD Anderson, Virginia Piper in Scottsdale, and several of the large hospitals have units devoted to cancer treatment. I just throw that out there in case you feel you need to be here for your support system.

I am sure it is so overwhelming for you right now. There are so many issues to consider. But, after careful (and maybe prayful) thought, you will make the decision that is right for you and be on your way on your journey towards wellness.

Hugs, Renee
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Yes the plan

Good luck in wherever you
    Good luck in wherever you decide to have your treatment. I wouldn't even try to help in your making of this important decision.

Hugs, Jan
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

Good luck in wherever you
    Good luck in wherever you decide to have your treatment. I wouldn't even try to help in your making of this important decision.

Hugs, Jan

Wishing you good luck Laura
    Wishing you good luck Laura with your chemo next week. Loyola is one of the best medical centers in the country, so, if you should decide to get your treatment there, I know you will be in good hands.

Every state has good medical centers and everyone will say that theirs is the best. It's up to you where you want to go and in what state or city. I can understand your wanting to be close to your family.

I know you will do what is best of you.

Hugs, Megan
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I'm IBC too
    My TX was a bit different than your plan. I did 4 A/C to try to shrink and get margins - worked. Had surgery 2 weeks after last A/C. 3 weeks after surgery I started 12 weekly Taxol followed a week later with rads. The way it was explained was that we'd get it to where surgery could be done and then hit again with a different chemo to hit whatever was 'hiding around' without having to deal with the mass to also deal with. Made sense to me and it must have done a fairly good job for me as I'm 2+ ys out of chemo and rads and still riding NED.

Different Drs have diffeent ideas though and we are each unique.

Winyan - The Power Within

Susan
  • lauraof4
    lauraof4 Member Posts: 24
    Options
    Rague said:

I'm IBC too
    My TX was a bit different than your plan. I did 4 A/C to try to shrink and get margins - worked. Had surgery 2 weeks after last A/C. 3 weeks after surgery I started 12 weekly Taxol followed a week later with rads. The way it was explained was that we'd get it to where surgery could be done and then hit again with a different chemo to hit whatever was 'hiding around' without having to deal with the mass to also deal with. Made sense to me and it must have done a fairly good job for me as I'm 2+ ys out of chemo and rads and still riding NED.

Different Drs have diffeent ideas though and we are each unique.

Winyan - The Power Within

Susan

IBC
    Hi I can`t believe how different our treatment is. I do know that my Doctor said I can`t have surgery yet because she said the rash spread to far up near my clavicle. I wish I can get surgery now and get rid of it. I would not mind getting rid of both breast so it might come back.I don`t know if that makes a different`s.

I am so glad that you are two years with-out chemo and no more cancer.. Keep on going!!

What stage where you in when you found out you had IBC.

Thanks for posting and I am sending hug and prayers to everyone!

Laura
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    lauraof4 said:

IBC
    Hi I can`t believe how different our treatment is. I do know that my Doctor said I can`t have surgery yet because she said the rash spread to far up near my clavicle. I wish I can get surgery now and get rid of it. I would not mind getting rid of both breast so it might come back.I don`t know if that makes a different`s.

I am so glad that you are two years with-out chemo and no more cancer.. Keep on going!!

Laura

Surgery can't be first for us
    Think I may not have been clear. I got my DX on Friday morn (the day after the biopsies were done). Mon. Morn I was at Surgeons office. He said no hope of surgery until chemo. I saw. Rads on Wed and Chemo on Thurs (there were some goofs in scheduling).. I did 4 DD A/C so surgery could be doen - then did the Taxol.

I was very suprised with extent of my rads burns as they went up my neck and I hadn't realized they would. But then have to remember that IBC is not what most think of as 'breast cancer, Everyone that is BC is a 'sisterhood' but because IBC is one between 1% and 5% of all BC we are a much smaller part of the overall.

There are several other IBCers here.

PM me is you want to talk.

Winyan

Susan
  • Lois18
    Lois18 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    IBC
    I also had IBC stage 3b. I have excellent Dr's at Siteman in St Louis. I had 3 rounds of FEC & 3 rounds of Taxatere. I feel I was very lucky thru the chemo as I usually felt well enough to still work.
    I have my family close by but my friends at work were a huge source of support for me as well.
    I had the chemo, then rested before modified radical mastectomy. After that healed, I had 37 rounds of radiation.
    I also found that keeping a scrapbook from the beginning was very helpful. Pictures of every stage, like my hair cutting party (really goofy pics), pics of me w/ my grandaughters just before surgery & after, a pic of me in chemo & on radiation table, on couch when not feeling well, also things that I wrote about my feelings, you get the gist. Now 2 years later, that book reminds me that I survived it all & how fast the time has gone by.

Good luck to you... Hope it all goes smoothly.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    lauraof4 said:

IBC

Laura

How are you Laura?
    Hugs,

How are you Laura?

Hugs, Lex
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Prayers
    Laura – Just dropping by to say we are here for you. I was dx with a different type of bc, estrogen + at 32. I will add you to my prayers list. Remember you are not alone, and that there’s light at the end of the tunnel.

Hugs.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Lois18 said:

IBC
    I also had IBC stage 3b. I have excellent Dr's at Siteman in St Louis. I had 3 rounds of FEC & 3 rounds of Taxatere. I feel I was very lucky thru the chemo as I usually felt well enough to still work.
    I have my family close by but my friends at work were a huge source of support for me as well.
    I had the chemo, then rested before modified radical mastectomy. After that healed, I had 37 rounds of radiation.
    I also found that keeping a scrapbook from the beginning was very helpful. Pictures of every stage, like my hair cutting party (really goofy pics), pics of me w/ my grandaughters just before surgery & after, a pic of me in chemo & on radiation table, on couch when not feeling well, also things that I wrote about my feelings, you get the gist. Now 2 years later, that book reminds me that I survived it all & how fast the time has gone by.

Good luck to you... Hope it all goes smoothly.

I am adding my prayers for
    I am adding my prayers for you too Laura.

Hugs, Jan