For you pizza lovers

Options
mom2greatkids
mom2greatkids Member Posts: 528
Ladies,

I love pizza. So, I found some alternatives to traditional pizza crusts. If you go to this link, you will see a recipe for spinach crust pizza. There are also links for cauliflower and zucchini crusts. I have made the cauliflower and spinach. Delicious! I put veggies on the spinach crust. topped with a small amount of mozarella cheese. MMM!! I make my own pizza sauce. Ingredients

1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 tablespoon ground oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
1 teaspoon ground paprika

Directions

In a medium bowl, Mix together tomato sauce and tomato paste until smooth. Stir in oregano, garlic and paprika.

I bought some zucchini the other day. Will let you know how that crust is. Just wanted to share this with others who may also love pizza :)

Carla

http://yourlighterside.com/spinach-pizza-crust-recipe-induction-friendly/

chemo brain, forgot the link LOL!

Comments

• lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Carla!
    One of our local pizza eateries does a mean vegetarian pizza, and your version sounds very delicious too. I also have a couple of friends and co-workers who I think would be eager to try this out.

Kelly
  • Tethys41
    Tethys41 Member Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Guten free!
    Thanks Carla. I'm always looking for gluten free options. . :)
  • AnneBehymer
    AnneBehymer Member Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Tethys41 said:

Guten free!
    Thanks Carla. I'm always looking for gluten free options. . :)

sound sooooo good
    It really sounds good but I find myself just not in the mood to eat any more Mostly I eat a salad if not that then I have one bowl of cherial and later two pieces of toast. My mom make sure I am drind ensure because of this. With all of this tho I still have not lost anymore weight I really don't undertand any of this crap lol. I will give the pizza a try and see if I will be able to eat it.

Love, Hugs, and Prayers
    Anne
  • whiterose
    whiterose Member Posts: 89
    Options
    Pizza
    Is there something wrong with pizza crust? Or is this just for gluten-free? I don't have a problem with gluten, but is there some other reason I should be avoiding the crust? Please, pizza is one my one vice!!!
  • Tethys41
    Tethys41 Member Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    whiterose said:

Pizza
    Is there something wrong with pizza crust? Or is this just for gluten-free? I don't have a problem with gluten, but is there some other reason I should be avoiding the crust? Please, pizza is one my one vice!!!

It depends
    Whether pizza crust is recommended or not depends on your position regarding diet. I've learned, through recent research, that the low-fat/high-carb diet we've been advised to follow for the last 40 years is erroneous, based on bad science, and is only still being recommended by the FDA because it supports big business. Based on research at the National Institute of Health, right across the street from the FDA, we should be keeping our carbohydrate intake at between 25 and 45 grams daily. This is advisable, no only for cancer survivors, but for the whole population. Carbohydrates aside, pizza crust is made of white flour which turns to sugar in our bodies. I will definitely catch some flack for saying this because sugar becomes a very emotional issue when people talk about diet, but there is plenty of evidence out there that sugar and the resulting elevated insulin feeds cancer. I don't base this comment on my personal opinion but on scientific research and I'm not urging anyone not to eat it if they want to, but I'm just addressing the question at hand. For more information about carbohydrates in diet, not to mention a number of other interesting aspects of our modern society that impact our health, I recommend the book "Lights Out" by T.S. Wiley.

http://www.primalbody-primalmind.com/?cat=3
  • mom2greatkids
    mom2greatkids Member Posts: 528
    Options
    Tethys41 said:

It depends
    Whether pizza crust is recommended or not depends on your position regarding diet. I've learned, through recent research, that the low-fat/high-carb diet we've been advised to follow for the last 40 years is erroneous, based on bad science, and is only still being recommended by the FDA because it supports big business. Based on research at the National Institute of Health, right across the street from the FDA, we should be keeping our carbohydrate intake at between 25 and 45 grams daily. This is advisable, no only for cancer survivors, but for the whole population. Carbohydrates aside, pizza crust is made of white flour which turns to sugar in our bodies. I will definitely catch some flack for saying this because sugar becomes a very emotional issue when people talk about diet, but there is plenty of evidence out there that sugar and the resulting elevated insulin feeds cancer. I don't base this comment on my personal opinion but on scientific research and I'm not urging anyone not to eat it if they want to, but I'm just addressing the question at hand. For more information about carbohydrates in diet, not to mention a number of other interesting aspects of our modern society that impact our health, I recommend the book "Lights Out" by T.S. Wiley.

http://www.primalbody-primalmind.com/?cat=3

I rarely eat bread or any
    I rarely eat bread or any flour for that matter any more. However, when I do it's whole wheat only. Even at that you have to really read the labels. I also use whole wheat pasta, etc.