Kewpie doll

Ginny_B
Ginny_B Member Posts: 532
Does anyone remember Kewpie Dolls? I went to mom's house and opened a few boxes. One was particularly interesting as it was enclosed in a thick plastic bag. The cardboard box was tied with a lovely string. Inside were several more bags with crocheted or knitted things. All seemed to be encircling a small box in the center.

When I opened the small box I found the Kewpie doll that mom hung over my crib when I was born. She saved that doll for 61 years. I brought the box home with me and opened the rest of the plastic bags. I found my dad's Army medal, and Sergeant patches, my brother's Cub Scout shirt and bandanas, Both of our Christening gowns, and at lest 4 pairs of baby shoes. There were at least a dozen yarn booties both knitted and crocheted, my brothers blue ID bracelet from when he was born and a crocheted baby blanket.

That was a most special find for me.

Comments

• Freida
    Freida Member Posts: 182
    That is lovely Ginny. It
    That is lovely Ginny. It must have made Mom feel close.
    Freida
  • mruble
    mruble Member Posts: 174
    What a wonderful gift your
    What a wonderful gift your mother left for you to find! I'm sure you will find Many more unexpected treasures.

Mary
  • TerryV
    TerryV Member Posts: 887
    Brought a smile to my face
    I haven't thought of Kewpie dolls in a long while. That's is an incredibly sweet find. It's wonderful how thoughtful & sentimental parents are - I'm sure you've done similar for your kids.

Appreciate the shared memory!

Terry