I've got a new issue...

Options
Gabe N Abby Mom
Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
I have about 11 eyebrow hairs left...last night when washing my face there was a little redness where my brows used to be. I didn't think too much of it.

This morning the redness was definitely there, and it follows the line of my brows. So what the heck!? Am I now allergic to the eyebrow powder I've been using? Just something else from the gift that keeps on giving?

I'm trying aquaphor on them tonight, it's worked on every other skin issue I've had. Who knows what I'll see when I look in the mirror tomorrow...

Hugs,

Linda

Comments

• madsters1
    madsters1 Member Posts: 120
    Options
    Are you still doing chemo or
    Are you still doing chemo or any other treatment?
  • madsters1
    madsters1 Member Posts: 120
    Options
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    madsters1 said:

Linda .. I am so sorry ... yet, another
    side effort .. grrr

How are you doing this morning, Linda?

Vicki Sam
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Linda .. I am so sorry ... yet, another
    side effort .. grrr

How are you doing this morning, Linda?

Vicki Sam

Maybe folliculitis?
    Linda,

I didn't have this issue with my eyebrows when I was doing chemo, but I did develop folliculitis (an inflamation of the hair follicles) on my scalp.

My doctor prescribed an acne medication (Clindamycin), and it cleared it right up -- so, if the redness persists, definitely ask your doctor about it, because it may be easily remedied.

At least I hope so! Keep us posted,

Traci
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    VickiSam there haven't been
    VickiSam there haven't been any changes...it's exactly the same. And yes I'm still on chemo....abraxane 3 weeks on, one week off. This is my week off, so I'm hoping that will help. I'll ask about the follic...whatchamacallit...itis.

You know I just always feel so pretty and sexy these days...(read huge amounts of sarcasm into that)

Hugs,

Linda
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Linda, I am on Abraxane
    Linda, I am on Abraxane every 3 weeks and also have very few eyebrow hairs left. Hell, I only have 2 eyelashes on one lid and maybe 1 on the other. I feel pretty beautiful, too with my bald head to go along with everything else. I have also noticed the redness around my eyebrows. I have attributed it to the chemo. I hope that is all that it is and not a new issue. Take care!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Linda, I am on Abraxane
    Linda, I am on Abraxane every 3 weeks and also have very few eyebrow hairs left. Hell, I only have 2 eyelashes on one lid and maybe 1 on the other. I feel pretty beautiful, too with my bald head to go along with everything else. I have also noticed the redness around my eyebrows. I have attributed it to the chemo. I hope that is all that it is and not a new issue. Take care!

Damn it !! I am so sorry Linda, and My Turn Now ..
    Bald with swollen eyebrow's -- You two are truly Beautiful Sisters in PINK -- both,
    inside and out.

Having done the chemo infusion regimen, been bald, having a swollen face, hands and feet --
    somehow I felt like a Survivor -- My baldness was my badge of honor, and hope for
    better days.

Hoping for relief ...

Vicki Sam
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Damn it !! I am so sorry Linda, and My Turn Now ..
    Bald with swollen eyebrow's -- You two are truly Beautiful Sisters in PINK -- both,
    inside and out.

Having done the chemo infusion regimen, been bald, having a swollen face, hands and feet --
    somehow I felt like a Survivor -- My baldness was my badge of honor, and hope for
    better days.

Hoping for relief ...

Vicki Sam

So true, Vicki Sam
    Linda it does suck that we not only have to battle this disease, but our appearance is affected as well. I like Vicki Sam's statement about all the physical problems being a badge of honor and courage. Remember, Linda, in God's eyes (and ours) your beauty comes from within and it's breathtaking!

Hope you can resolve this very soon.

Hugs, Renee
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    missrenee said:

So true, Vicki Sam
    Linda it does suck that we not only have to battle this disease, but our appearance is affected as well. I like Vicki Sam's statement about all the physical problems being a badge of honor and courage. Remember, Linda, in God's eyes (and ours) your beauty comes from within and it's breathtaking!

Hope you can resolve this very soon.

Hugs, Renee

I was told I didn't need
    I was told I didn't need chemo or radiation but I do have scaley skin on my left eye lid.I cut back on my eye shadow(a powder) and it helps some.My right eye is fine.Not scaley at all. I take tamoxfin.Have for over 2 years.

Lynn Smith
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options

I was told I didn't need
    I was told I didn't need chemo or radiation but I do have scaley skin on my left eye lid.I cut back on my eye shadow(a powder) and it helps some.My right eye is fine.Not scaley at all. I take tamoxfin.Have for over 2 years.

Lynn Smith

Time for eyelash lessons!
    Linda, I don't know what to say about the eyebrow redness except there's probably some irritation or minor infection from the loss of hair. Think about how sometimes you get redness when you pluck an eyebrow. Be sure to ask about it and think about asking if getting permanent makeup would be a problem. You know I'm a believer in the tatoos! I have a friend on chemo whose doc told her she could get permanent makeup and she did and she's so happy (or as happy as one can be on chemo). Her onc said it was ok to do - and her ex husband is a dermtologist and he didn't have any objections medically either. I have the name of who did hers in Sacramento if you want it.

Another friend had her makeup done before starting chemo. I never would have thought of that! While the loss of brows and lashes is temporary (for everyone but me) even when they grow back, it's so cool to have. Afterall most women who do it don't have chemo.

I do think the worst hair loss is the loss of eyebrows and lashes. I felt like an alien. Sure, drawing brows and liner worked fine, but the permanent makeup makes me like I have natural features even if I don't. And the false eyelashes - wow. Mine never looked that good and they did not look phoney.

How you feel about how you look is so important in getting through this. Like Vicki Sam, I was perfectly fine for the time I was in active treatment, but that was a relatively short time with a supposed end in sight. When is continues or in your case starts again, it really becomes too much. Hope you can find a way to feel pretty. I'm available for eyelash lessons!

Suzanne
  • AngieD
    AngieD Member Posts: 493
    Options

Time for eyelash lessons!
    Linda, I don't know what to say about the eyebrow redness except there's probably some irritation or minor infection from the loss of hair. Think about how sometimes you get redness when you pluck an eyebrow. Be sure to ask about it and think about asking if getting permanent makeup would be a problem. You know I'm a believer in the tatoos! I have a friend on chemo whose doc told her she could get permanent makeup and she did and she's so happy (or as happy as one can be on chemo). Her onc said it was ok to do - and her ex husband is a dermtologist and he didn't have any objections medically either. I have the name of who did hers in Sacramento if you want it.

Another friend had her makeup done before starting chemo. I never would have thought of that! While the loss of brows and lashes is temporary (for everyone but me) even when they grow back, it's so cool to have. Afterall most women who do it don't have chemo.

I do think the worst hair loss is the loss of eyebrows and lashes. I felt like an alien. Sure, drawing brows and liner worked fine, but the permanent makeup makes me like I have natural features even if I don't. And the false eyelashes - wow. Mine never looked that good and they did not look phoney.

How you feel about how you look is so important in getting through this. Like Vicki Sam, I was perfectly fine for the time I was in active treatment, but that was a relatively short time with a supposed end in sight. When is continues or in your case starts again, it really becomes too much. Hope you can find a way to feel pretty. I'm available for eyelash lessons!

Suzanne

Hey, Suzanne, I'm interested
    Hey, Suzanne, I'm interested in this, but I have a question. I had to have a couple of MRI's when I was getting all my initial testing done. The form I had to fill out asked it I had any tattoos/permanent makeup and said they might not be able to do it if I did. (??) Have you ever heard of this or had an MRI since getting yours done?
    Angie
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    AngieD said:

Hey, Suzanne, I'm interested
    Hey, Suzanne, I'm interested in this, but I have a question. I had to have a couple of MRI's when I was getting all my initial testing done. The form I had to fill out asked it I had any tattoos/permanent makeup and said they might not be able to do it if I did. (??) Have you ever heard of this or had an MRI since getting yours done?
    Angie

No one even asked me
    I have had an MRI since my makeup. I think the "old" tatoos contained lead or something, but the new stuff doesn't.

suzanne
  • AngieD
    AngieD Member Posts: 493
    Options

No one even asked me
    I have had an MRI since my makeup. I think the "old" tatoos contained lead or something, but the new stuff doesn't.

suzanne

Thanks for the information,
    Thanks for the information, Suzanne!
    Angie