Daily Low Dose Aspirin

Options
anicca
anicca Member Posts: 334 Member
"Taking a low dose of aspirin every day can prevent and possibly even treat cancer, fresh evidence suggests."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17443454

I'm going to start. The risks associated with low doses (baby aspirin is 80 mg) are almost negligible. Not sure which doc I'll discuss this with, probably both my family practitioner and my gyn/onc.

Comments

• Gottalovelife
    Gottalovelife Member Posts: 45
    Options
    Been taking 2 low dose aspirin daily
    Wish it was true for me, been taking 2 low dose aspirin for 5 plus years and still got cancer, I have heard it helps in preventing colon cancer though.
  • anicca
    anicca Member Posts: 334 Member
    Options

Been taking 2 low dose aspirin daily
    Wish it was true for me, been taking 2 low dose aspirin for 5 plus years and still got cancer, I have heard it helps in preventing colon cancer though.

I wish it had worked for you
    I wish it had worked for you too! The story did not mention OVC specifically, but did talk about adenocarcinomas, of which OVC is one.

I really don't know if this is true, but I often get the feeling that OVC is the stepchild of cancer research. So much more attention seems to go to breast cancer and colon cancer. I would not want to take away from other cancers, but would like to see OVC in the spotlight more often.
  • jazzy1
    jazzy1 Member Posts: 1,379
    Options
    anicca said:

I wish it had worked for you too! The story did not mention OVC specifically, but did talk about adenocarcinomas, of which OVC is one.

I really don't know if this is true, but I often get the feeling that OVC is the stepchild of cancer research. So much more attention seems to go to breast cancer and colon cancer. I would not want to take away from other cancers, but would like to see OVC in the spotlight more often.

If you google this subject, you'll find this same research out there some 5 years ago. Today's news might be a bit different particulars on the researching, etc.

Many docs suggest a baby aspirin for heart patients, too.....

Jan
  • lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    jazzy1 said:

If you google this subject, you'll find this same research out there some 5 years ago. Today's news might be a bit different particulars on the researching, etc.

Many docs suggest a baby aspirin for heart patients, too.....

Jan

Low Dose Aspirin
    I've never been in the habit of taking aspirin. However, I have check-up appointments in May with both my oncologist and my gyn/oncology surgeon. I think I'll discuss the idea of me taking daily low-dose aspirin with them and see what they say.

Kelly
  • Gottalovelife
    Gottalovelife Member Posts: 45
    Options
    anicca said:

I'm with you anicca
    I wish they would spend more research on ovarian cancer, instead of always being breast or colon too. Just don't hear much about ovarian, if we had, alot of us probably wouldn't be here on this site. I know all cancer's are important especially children's cancers, but when you have a certain cancer it's really important too that they find a cure or least come up with something to prevent a reoccurence. Love to all of you teal sisters.

Cindy