Numb head

Options
Battscave
Battscave Member Posts: 14
Yesterday I started to get a numb head. It comes and goes. I told the oncologist nurse today while I was there for my weekly treatment and also asked when I could expect hair loss. She said before the 3rd treatment but since my head has started to go numb, then it probably is in it's early stages of doing it.
I had my first full chemo a week ago today. Isn't that a little early to start the hair loss stuff?
How long did it take you to start the numb head and hairloss?

Comments

• DebbyB
    DebbyB Member Posts: 86
    Options
    hair loss
    I started losing hair after my second treatment, but lost even the fuzz after the 3rd. My husband shaved my head the day before my 2nd, since I thought it would be harder to see longer clumps falling out.
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    DebbyB said:

hair loss
    I started losing hair after my second treatment, but lost even the fuzz after the 3rd. My husband shaved my head the day before my 2nd, since I thought it would be harder to see longer clumps falling out.

Depends..
    Depends on the drugs you're getting.....mine came out EXACTLY on day 14 after my first chemo, as expected...tingling and numbing feelings are usually the sign....

Hugs, Nancy
  • jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    My Hair Loss Experience
    Of course, everyone's hair loss experience will be different and it will depend on your specific chemo cocktail. I had 4 rounds of A/C and 12 rounds of Taxotere. My hair started falling out on precisely Day 14 after my 1st chemo infusion. I would absent-mindedly run my fingers through my hair and come away with a handful. The shower drain was a sight to behold. I had very thick hair to begin with so it took another 2 weeks before it just started looking ridiculous. At that point I had my husband "buzz" off what was left. That is when I started wearing scarves or a wig - depending on the weather and where I was going. Often while I was at home I would just go "topless." You have to figure out what makes you most comfortable. I never had the issue of the numb or tingly scalp. Hair loss was the most difficult side effect emotionally for me. I should add that it was not only the hair on my head that disappeared. I also lost all my eyelashes, most of my eyebrows, the hair on my legs and underarms, most of my pubic hair and even the tiny hairs in my nose. I understand that is not unusual.

Good luck and keep us posted.

IRENE
  • RozHopkins
    RozHopkins Member Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Hair loss
    Just before second treatment. Head was very sore and new this was probably the first sign of hair ready fall out. And it did. Took it all off immediately, it actually started to grow back before last treatment of four. Yes, lost all hair totally, one eye lash remained on one eye. But everything did return and quite fast, totally normal now except I did keep my hair very short due to hot flashes. Razors are back in my bathroom, enjoyed not using them for a while.......
  • Battscave
    Battscave Member Posts: 14
    Options
    MAJW said:

Depends..
    Depends on the drugs you're getting.....mine came out EXACTLY on day 14 after my first chemo, as expected...tingling and numbing feelings are usually the sign....

Hugs, Nancy

my drugs are...
    I am on Taxol, Rituxan and Cytoxan.