I need a little advice.

Options
2»

Comments

• laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    If this doctor is
    making such comments (about the national debt) because you are on Medicare or Medicaid I would ask him if this would be the same advice he would give his spouse. The treatment protocol is an excellent idea.

Very early on in the process I let my doctors know that I was doing a lot of research about triple negative breast cancer at the most highly respected cancer research hospitals. This way they knew I was going to be an informed patient and ask for things that they might have overlooked inadvertently. This put me in an excellent position to have a lot to say about how my treatment would go if I thought anything needed to be changed.

I happened to have the head of the department on cancer treatment in my nearby town. At first I thought he was a bit stuffy but of course when he is explaining cancer treatment to me and my hubby he does not want to sound flippant. However at the end of my visit with all my questions I asked him the following question. If chemo has the power to effect the brain, what are the chances it could change my brain chemistry enough to get rid of my ADD? He knew I was asking the question half in jest as I gave a smile while asking the question. Of course he gave me the serious look and said no. However, at our next appointment he was able to be more of the laid back type of doctor I was looking for. You see I happen to think that humor also is a great healer. I want an expert but I want a funny expert.
  • mzl0ve
    mzl0ve Member Posts: 62
    Options

If this doctor is
    making such comments (about the national debt) because you are on Medicare or Medicaid I would ask him if this would be the same advice he would give his spouse. The treatment protocol is an excellent idea.

Very early on in the process I let my doctors know that I was doing a lot of research about triple negative breast cancer at the most highly respected cancer research hospitals. This way they knew I was going to be an informed patient and ask for things that they might have overlooked inadvertently. This put me in an excellent position to have a lot to say about how my treatment would go if I thought anything needed to be changed.

I happened to have the head of the department on cancer treatment in my nearby town. At first I thought he was a bit stuffy but of course when he is explaining cancer treatment to me and my hubby he does not want to sound flippant. However at the end of my visit with all my questions I asked him the following question. If chemo has the power to effect the brain, what are the chances it could change my brain chemistry enough to get rid of my ADD? He knew I was asking the question half in jest as I gave a smile while asking the question. Of course he gave me the serious look and said no. However, at our next appointment he was able to be more of the laid back type of doctor I was looking for. You see I happen to think that humor also is a great healer. I want an expert but I want a funny expert.

thank you everyone
    you have all given me alot to think about. i have taken your words to heart. i had an apointment with my PCP yesterday and told her everything that was going on and shes not happy at all. she wans me to change cancer centers all together. I desided I am not ready to do that due to the fact this one has alot of nice ppl ( minus my docter) and is with in 5 mins of my house, the other is over an hour away. we have desided to look for a new oncologist. I have an apiontment to talk to my old one next week with hopes he can help me find someone with a little bit of heart.
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    mzl0ve said:

thank you everyone
    you have all given me alot to think about. i have taken your words to heart. i had an apointment with my PCP yesterday and told her everything that was going on and shes not happy at all. she wans me to change cancer centers all together. I desided I am not ready to do that due to the fact this one has alot of nice ppl ( minus my docter) and is with in 5 mins of my house, the other is over an hour away. we have desided to look for a new oncologist. I have an apiontment to talk to my old one next week with hopes he can help me find someone with a little bit of heart.

So glad you're looking for a
    So glad you're looking for a new doctor. You deserve better! Let us know how it goes.