Radiation and Chemo Treatments

Options
She_Is_Virgo
She_Is_Virgo Member Posts: 15
I have been on chemo for 18 months now, but tomorrow will be the first time that I will also begin 25-28 radiation treatments in addition to weekly chemo. It's so hard to go through all of these. My cancer just keeps on growing. The chemos aren't working :(. Oh well, just me venting right now. It's 3am, I have to be in treatment in 6 hours, can't sleep. Maybe someone is on.

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    up since 3:00 a.m. out here in Southern California ...
    I am so sorry that you are frustrated -- and the beast continues to
    create problems and refused to stop growning.

Venting is welcomed, and encouraged here -- we all experience some
    difficulties, anger, and loneliness during our breast cancer journey's.
    We can relate in one way or another.

Welcome to our Sisterhood.

Strength, Courage and HOPE for a Cure.

Vicki Sam
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    Hope the new treatment
    Hope the new treatment fights the cancer.
    Hugs,
    marcia
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    Yup
    This is the disease that sometimes just keeps on giving... by now you should be done with your rads, maybe this will work! Nothing worse than not being able to sleep knowing you have something new beginning...

This is the best sight, the pinks are so encouraging, supportive, knowledgeable, and there is always someone who has been there.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    camul said:

Yup
    This is the disease that sometimes just keeps on giving... by now you should be done with your rads, maybe this will work! Nothing worse than not being able to sleep knowing you have something new beginning...

This is the best sight, the pinks are so encouraging, supportive, knowledgeable, and there is always someone who has been there.

Good luck with your radiation
    Hopefully it will work. If it is too hard to do both ask your oncologist for a break from Chemo. You might want to discuss different regimen since the current Chemo is not working and hard for your body.
    Good luck
    Hugs
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    hugs
    That is what we are here for, to lend an ear when needed, cry out for support when necessary, cheer you and generally to let you know you are not alone we understand! I do hope you eventually got some needed sleep! I know chemo and rads are difficult and draining, please pop in when you feel the need!

Gentle Hugs!

RE
  • She_Is_Virgo
    Options
    RE said:

hugs
    That is what we are here for, to lend an ear when needed, cry out for support when necessary, cheer you and generally to let you know you are not alone we understand! I do hope you eventually got some needed sleep! I know chemo and rads are difficult and draining, please pop in when you feel the need!

Gentle Hugs!

RE

Thanks for your reply. I can't find a place to respond to the posts. I'm having all kinds of issues with chat- can't find that either. Can't upload photo, the box is frayed out. Etc etc etc!!

Help!!!
  • She_Is_Virgo
    Options

Thanks for your reply. I can't find a place to respond to the posts. I'm having all kinds of issues with chat- can't find that either. Can't upload photo, the box is frayed out. Etc etc etc!!

Help!!!

Hmmm
    Well that posted!

Ok one problem down

Thanks for your responses.

I have had the chemo and now two rads. All is ok. So far I feel nothing different. Rad three tomorrow, then weekend break.

Saw pain doctor today and he kept me on Fentanyl patches 100mg/hr, Hydromorphine as needed and added Methadone 3x/day. Right now the pain is just in the nerve endings on my right arm probably from the lymph nodes which is what's being treated with the rad.

I'll let you know as time goes on. 
  • Pam5
    Pam5 Member Posts: 232
    Options

Help!!!

Hang in there
    If you can't sleep, ask your doc for something to help. Also, I agree that asking for a different chemo regimen makes sense since this one has stopped working. Maybe you could work with a cancer-specific nutritionist. I'm a believer in trying everything that's possible.

Many Hugs,

Pam
  • She_Is_Virgo
    Options
    Pam5 said:

Hang in there
    If you can't sleep, ask your doc for something to help. Also, I agree that asking for a different chemo regimen makes sense since this one has stopped working. Maybe you could work with a cancer-specific nutritionist. I'm a believer in trying everything that's possible.

Many Hugs,

Pam

I'm feeling much better mow. I do have a nutritionist as part of my med team. It was just the day that I was facing both chemo and rad for first time. I'm ok right now.

Thanks. 
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

I'm feeling much better mow. I do have a nutritionist as part of my med team. It was just the day that I was facing both chemo and rad for first time. I'm ok right now.

Thanks. 

I didn't have chemo, but, I
    I didn't have chemo, but, I did have rads. I can't imagine doing both at the same time. Take good care of yourself and I will be praying for you.

Hugs, Megan
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

Help!!!

Praying that your treatment
    Praying that your treatment will be the answer for you. Prayers and hugs for you!

Hugs, Angie
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    RE said:

hugs

Gentle Hugs!

RE

Keeping you in my thoughts
    Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!