first ever follow up appt what questions should i ask?

Options
sdukowitz
sdukowitz Member Posts: 250
Back on the pink flight to Anchirage to visit MO and RO ...three months after the daily radiation flights and start of tamixifin ... Dcis radiation but no chemo generally doing well except for the hot flashes but what else shiuld I be asking about?
I like to have a list of questions ready.... when do you need mammograms after radiation? I had lumpectomy in Oct on right breast... any questions I should ask will be appreciated ... i go next Monday Sue D

Comments

• She_Is_Virgo
    She_Is_Virgo Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Need more info
    I'm sorry, I'm new to this board. It would help to have a little bit of history as to your particular situation in order to share some thoughts with you.

Since your lumpectomy is almost 6 months old, your doctors may do a mammo now or perhaps an ultrasound at this time.

Just ask anything that pops into your mind at the time of visit.

I hope they got it all with the lumpectomy. You're probably a lucky one and will have a 'A' as your grade for your health. Don't sweat it honey. You'll be fine, and if you have questions later, we will be here for you and will answer what we can.

God bless. Good luck.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    I was going @ 3mths for few
    I was going @ 3mths for few years and now I graduated to 4mths and now 6mths..

YOU and I have simular story! I had mammos @ 6 mths and now year! (I am 4 yr post surgery on April 3)

NOT sure of what questions to ask! I was clueless and only asked as popped in my head at appt..to good you are planning ahead..I am sure you'll get many suggestions..

Denise
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    IF you can have someone tag
    IF you can have someone tag along to appt could be helpful. I only did my pre surgery appt..2 more sets of ears..but very helpful since I was on over load-I remember hearing everything and then like blurrrr but they asked questions, listened and remembered...

Denise