Bone Scan, CT & Chest X-ray today

Options
ManWithaMission
ManWithaMission Member Posts: 497
edited March 2012 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello Ladies, I went in at 9am this mornning to get my Radioactive Isatope injected for my bone scan. Then went for my CT scan. Had to drink some contrast, must be getting used to it because it didn't taste that bad. The CT nurse told me after I was finished with the CT to,"eat,drink and be merry." So,I went and ate breakfast. Went back at noon to have the scan and their camera was having troubles, so I didn't get it started till 12:45pm.(I thought they might have to give me a booster shot.) After the bone scan,I had to have a chest x-ray done. Got out of there by 2pm. Will know the results on Thursday when I see my Oncoligest at 3pm. Will also get my monthly Zometa infusion,too.

Now,I don't think that I will be needing the "Pink Bus" for this(because it has gotten so routine and I'm such a boring patient),but if you ladies want to "Paaarrrttttaaayyyy!!!!!",who am I to tell you what you can do or not.(Laughing Out Loud cause I'm so funny)

Anyway, I thank you all in advance for the prayers and positive energy coming my way on Thursday for good scans and x-ray. Will up-date y'all then.

(((HUGS))) Robert

Comments

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Sending my very, very best wishes...
    ... in your direction, Robert, for great results all the way around on Thursday. Also including my most heartfelt HOPES & prayers.

Kind regards, Susan
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

Sending my very, very best wishes...
    ... in your direction, Robert, for great results all the way around on Thursday. Also including my most heartfelt HOPES & prayers.

Kind regards, Susan

Robert you are one funny bc
    Robert you are one funny bc survivor and we love you! I love your attitude!

Prayers and the best of luck to you on Thursday. I'll watch for your update.

Love, Leeza
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Prayers
    Hi Robert – I love your attitude and sense of humor too. Praying all your results are good and as you expect them. Please let us know how you do when you get the opportunity.
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options

Prayers
    Hi Robert – I love your attitude and sense of humor too. Praying all your results are good and as you expect them. Please let us know how you do when you get the opportunity.

Yeah, Robert -- DON'T BE TELLING US WHAT WE CAN'T DO! :-)
    ...'cause, if we want to come cause a scene in the parking lot outside your oncologist's office on Thursday and embarrass you (We'll all be yelling, "We're here for you, Robert!", so you can't pretend not to know us.)....then dude, you're just going to have to grab a drink, join the party, and put up with us!

:-) Traci
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Yeah, Robert -- DON'T BE TELLING US WHAT WE CAN'T DO! :-)
    ...'cause, if we want to come cause a scene in the parking lot outside your oncologist's office on Thursday and embarrass you (We'll all be yelling, "We're here for you, Robert!", so you can't pretend not to know us.)....then dude, you're just going to have to grab a drink, join the party, and put up with us!

I wish i was as funny as you
    I wish i was as funny as you guys but sending you good vibes for good results!
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    Options
    carkris said:

I wish i was as funny as you
    I wish i was as funny as you guys but sending you good vibes for good results!

Prayers coming your way
    Il be praying for excellent results. I love your attitude :)

Hugs & God Bless,

Dawne
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    Options
    Good thoughts and prayers
    Good thoughts and prayers coming your way Robert for great results on thursday.We will be in the parking lot yelling for you.
    Hugs Frankie
  • Pam5
    Pam5 Member Posts: 232
    Options

Good thoughts and prayers
    Good thoughts and prayers coming your way Robert for great results on thursday.We will be in the parking lot yelling for you.
    Hugs Frankie

Good Thoughts
    Lots of light, Robert. My thoughts are with you during this waiting - which mostly just su--s! It's good that you are a boring patient - we all want to be that person.

Take care,
    Pam
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Robert,
    I do have to say I'm with Traci on this one! I'm showing up upside the Onc's office with her. You can pretend you don't know us all you want - but everyone's gonna know that we know you - and support you 100%!

Sue
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Robert,
    I do have to say I'm with Traci on this one! I'm showing up upside the Onc's office with her. You can pretend you don't know us all you want - but everyone's gonna know that we know you - and support you 100%!

Sue

I'm with Traci and Sue...I
    I'm with Traci and Sue...I don't yell very loudly. But I bet the airhorn will get your attention. Besides, who can resist a party with the pinks?

Hugs,

Linda
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Party Bus
    I'm on board. Let's take off! Good luck, praying for you.

Terry
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options
    May It Continue to be Uneventful...
    Over the years, I have learned that boring can change. So I am wishing on Thursday that boring will remain.

May all be negative.

You don't ask to see the results of the bone scan while it is up on the screen or a view of your x-ray?
    I always ask. I even asked for a CD of my last bone scan which was good to have when I had shoulder problems.

Wishing you the best "Man with a Mission".

Doris
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    SIROD said:

May It Continue to be Uneventful...
    Over the years, I have learned that boring can change. So I am wishing on Thursday that boring will remain.

May all be negative.

You don't ask to see the results of the bone scan while it is up on the screen or a view of your x-ray?
    I always ask. I even asked for a CD of my last bone scan which was good to have when I had shoulder problems.

Wishing you the best "Man with a Mission".

Doris

OH!
    OH, you think you didn't needed the pink bus? Well, we'll be out in full force on Thursday!!!!!!!! As someone said, you can pretend you don't know us.......hard to do as we shout. "Go Robert, Go Robert!!!!".

I am wishing you the very best results and sending prayers....keep us posted, you know we care....

Big hugs, Nancy
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

OH!
    OH, you think you didn't needed the pink bus? Well, we'll be out in full force on Thursday!!!!!!!! As someone said, you can pretend you don't know us.......hard to do as we shout. "Go Robert, Go Robert!!!!".

I am wishing you the very best results and sending prayers....keep us posted, you know we care....

Big hugs, Nancy

Robert .. Robert.... Robert ..
    Not allowing us "Pinks" to host a party of support for you, is unthinkable. We are
    on the road .. 7 days a week - offering Support, Love and Hope! You are our Brother
    in PINK -- silly!

Did I mention that your Wife will be joining us -- as we hoop, and holler on Thursday?

Best results imaginable, I pray for you, dear Brother.

Strength, Courage and Hope for a Cure.

Vicki Sam
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Options
    If they don't hear the shouting they will see the sign.
    Since you didn't think you need us I am having a sign printed to put on the ENTIRE side of the bus. They won't be able to miss who it is for or why it is there.

Good luck with your results, I will be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts and prayers.

Don't forget, I always have the pink silly string at the ready,

Jennifer
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

Prayers coming your way
    Il be praying for excellent results. I love your attitude :)

Hugs & God Bless,

Dawne

Praying for good
    Praying for good results!

Hugs, Lex
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

I'm with Traci and Sue...I
    I'm with Traci and Sue...I don't yell very loudly. But I bet the airhorn will get your attention. Besides, who can resist a party with the pinks?

Hugs,

Linda

I am praying and hoping that
    I am praying and hoping that you will get the best news possible Robert!

Hugs, Jan
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    Pam5 said:

Good Thoughts
    Lots of light, Robert. My thoughts are with you during this waiting - which mostly just su--s! It's good that you are a boring patient - we all want to be that person.

Take care,
    Pam

Best wishes and lots of
    Best wishes and lots of prayers for you to get great news!

Hugs, Megan
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    Best wishes to you, Robert!
    And if those girls get too uproarious, just let me know and I'll make sure they behave! Seriously, best wishes for the best results!

Joe
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Best wishes to you, Robert!
    And if those girls get too uproarious, just let me know and I'll make sure they behave! Seriously, best wishes for the best results!

Joe

"Make sure we behave"??!!??
    Before you go making promises you can't keep, Joe -- just how successful have you been in the past at "making sure we behave"? Hmmm?