Update

Options
epark
epark Member Posts: 339
edited March 2012 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello my Beautiful Pink sisters...

So per my last update my GYN wanted me to get an MRI because she found/felt a "nodule" on my left breast. So come to find out if you had radiation on your breast you have to wait 6 month after radiation before they would do an MRI with contrast...something to do with your breast tissue changing, etc. well I spoke to my oncologist and she was able to schedule a mammogram and ultrasound for me this morning...I really do think now like BabyJesus said in my last posting it might have to do something with radiation because the tech keep asking me questions about it and when I was done she said all looks good...its so draining getting work up for every little thing...I'm hoping eventually I will get use to my new norm.

Well ladies wanted to give the latest 411...

Take Care and God Bless
Eva

Comments

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    Eva, sounds like that is
    Eva, sounds like that is good news. I didn't know about having to wait for the MRI. I only had the rads on my pelvic and back side, tail bone. Let me know when you figure out this new normal. I don't think I ever did.

It was just anytime anything came up, you have a bucket of tests and they say it all looks good! Sounds like they will be going ahead with your Hysterectomy this week. That will be one more thing behind you.

I would really like it if you pm'd me your address. I would love to send you a card. Nothing like cards to cheer you up!

Prayers and hugs that Wednesday goes without a hitch.

Carol
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    camul said:

Eva, sounds like that is
    Eva, sounds like that is good news. I didn't know about having to wait for the MRI. I only had the rads on my pelvic and back side, tail bone. Let me know when you figure out this new normal. I don't think I ever did.

It was just anytime anything came up, you have a bucket of tests and they say it all looks good! Sounds like they will be going ahead with your Hysterectomy this week. That will be one more thing behind you.

I would really like it if you pm'd me your address. I would love to send you a card. Nothing like cards to cheer you up!

Prayers and hugs that Wednesday goes without a hitch.

Carol

I've not heard about waiting
    I've not heard about waiting for a MRI after rads. Let us know when you have your mammo scheduled so we can get the pink bus for you.
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update. I
    Thanks for the update. I honestly think that’s all it is –Skin change from radiation. And this is all I will keep thinking and praying for.

I go for my MRI with contrast this Thursday since my dx. (prayers are welcomed!). So yes, this is correct. They have to wait 6 months before they can do because the skin goes through so many changes. Another thing I found out was that if a woman is ovulating, depending on what period that is, MRI could miss some things! I didn’t know this! It's harder to read that is.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Thanks for the update. I
    Thanks for the update. I honestly think that’s all it is –Skin change from radiation. And this is all I will keep thinking and praying for.

I go for my MRI with contrast this Thursday since my dx. (prayers are welcomed!). So yes, this is correct. They have to wait 6 months before they can do because the skin goes through so many changes. Another thing I found out was that if a woman is ovulating, depending on what period that is, MRI could miss some things! I didn’t know this! It's harder to read that is.

Eva .. Great news!
    .... so hap hap happy!

Vicki Sam
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Eva .. Great news!
    .... so hap hap happy!

Vicki Sam

Prayers and good luck for
    Prayers and good luck for you Eva and for you LoveBabyJesus too!

Sue :)
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    Options
    Glad every thing is
    Glad every thing is good.Live,Laugh and Love.
    Hugs Frankie
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

Glad every thing is
    Glad every thing is good.Live,Laugh and Love.
    Hugs Frankie

So very happy that your
    So very happy that your mammo came with good news!

Hugs, Leeza
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    jnl said:

So very happy that your
    So very happy that your mammo came with good news!

Hugs, Leeza

All looks good is great to
    All looks good is great to read and I know great for you to hear. Congrats Eva!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Kylez said:

All looks good is great to
    All looks good is great to read and I know great for you to hear. Congrats Eva!

That sure sounds like good
    That sure sounds like good news! Smiling for you Eva!

Hugs, Jan
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options

That sure sounds like good
    That sure sounds like good news! Smiling for you Eva!

Hugs, Jan

sigh......
    That's my sigh of relief. So happy it appears to be good news.

Hugs, Debi