interperitoneal (IP)

Options
flame
flame Member Posts: 13
Has anyone else had interperitoneal treatment with ovarian cancer?

Comments

• paris11
    paris11 Member Posts: 159
    Options
    IP Chemo
    Hi Flame,

Many women on the Board have had IP Chemo. The drugs now available to deal with side effects make the IP MUCH EASIER TO TOLERATE.

Read only current threads 2011 - 2012. I had IP July 2010. It's not as difficult as you might think.

Connie
  • whiterose
    whiterose Member Posts: 89
    Options
    IP Chemo
    I asked my onc. about this, because I had read that it's pretty effective. He said adhesions would make it difficult to have the chemo effuse throughout the entire area, and also that I would feel like "crap" (his words, not mine!) afterward. I still feel that it would have been an option for me, I had little in the way of side effects from my regular chemo. I hope you get some good input from posters here who have actually gone through this treatment.....
  • taiga
    taiga Member Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    IP treatment
    I had IP Cisplatin and IP Taxol. It was uncomfortable, but doable. I continued to work, only missing days when I had treatment. I was in a clinical trial and had IV taxol on day 1, IP cisplatin on day 2 and IP taxol on day 8. Just drink lots of water and take the anti-nausea meds before you need them. I think IP is the way to go, it just makes sense to dump the chemo right where the cancer is.
  • JoanC
    JoanC Member Posts: 231
    Options
    IP
    Hi,
    I was DX 4 yrs ago and had IP...I concur that it really is the way to go....I am still NED
    It is a little more difficult but worth it. Drink LOTS of water.
    Hugs, Joan
  • 2timothy1 7
    2timothy1 7 Member Posts: 345
    Options
    JoanC said:

IP
    Hi,
    I was DX 4 yrs ago and had IP...I concur that it really is the way to go....I am still NED
    It is a little more difficult but worth it. Drink LOTS of water.
    Hugs, Joan

Your post is very
    Your post is very encouraging. That's great you are 4yrsbNED! I am stagev3c , on 3rd round of chemo plus use IP port. It takes a long time for chemo to be infused due to kink in port . I am usually there 10 hrs., but it sounds like it is worth it!!
    Thanks
    Shawnna