Knouse Program - has anyone tried this?

Options
Hello, I am new to this message board. My Aunt, who is 46 years old, has been battling stage 3C ovarian for the past 3 years. She has had multiple reoccurrences, bowel obstructions, and 3 months ago we found out it has spread to her lungs. Someone has mentioned the Knouse Program to her and I'm trying to find out more information. Has anyone had any experience with the program? I have not been able to find information that would support or refute this program.

I am so touched by the stories and posts that I've read. Thank you for sharing so candidly with others.

God Bless,
Shannon

Comments

• LaundryQueen
    LaundryQueen Member Posts: 676
    Options
    Just a little info
    I have a friend who is stage IV with ovarian cancer who will be starting the Knouse Program in a about a week. She has the "stuff" that is in syringes for rectal insertion. The stuff looks like turmeric paste. Well, that has the potential to stain everything yellow!

Apparently, there is concern that the stuff works so well that one must be careful of the inflammation that goes with tumor die off. So she is supposed to take steroids & a COX 2 inhibitor (like Celebrex) before using the stuff.

I don't come on this board daily but I will let you know how it goes. I have no idea what it costs. I'm gonna see if it lives up to the claims & will consider it for myself as I am pretty sure there is tumor progression going on despite the full-strength Carbo/Gemzar I've been doing this year.
  • sunshine1818
    sunshine1818 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Just a little info
    I have a friend who is stage IV with ovarian cancer who will be starting the Knouse Program in a about a week. She has the "stuff" that is in syringes for rectal insertion. The stuff looks like turmeric paste. Well, that has the potential to stain everything yellow!

Apparently, there is concern that the stuff works so well that one must be careful of the inflammation that goes with tumor die off. So she is supposed to take steroids & a COX 2 inhibitor (like Celebrex) before using the stuff.

I don't come on this board daily but I will let you know how it goes. I have no idea what it costs. I'm gonna see if it lives up to the claims & will consider it for myself as I am pretty sure there is tumor progression going on despite the full-strength Carbo/Gemzar I've been doing this year.

Thank you and yes please let me know how it goes for your friend.
  • LaundryQueen
    LaundryQueen Member Posts: 676
    Options

Thank you and yes please let me know how it goes for your friend.

Update
    I found out that Dr. Knouse uses a bunch of prescription meds along with the turmeric solution:
    Prednisone
    Dexamethasone
    Sulindac
    Heparin
    Cyclophosphamide (Cytoxen)

The program has put several stage IV OVCA patients into remission. I checked out Sulindac (an NSAID) & there is some research that shows it has an anti-cancer effect on ovarian cancer.

Cytoxen was the main chemo used before the platinum drugs came on the scene.

Will keep you posted.