Petscan

Options
AnneBehymer
AnneBehymer Member Posts: 738 Member
Well my petscan is scheduled for Monday after noon. I have seen the picture of the machine and holy ****!!!! I am not sure I will fit lol when I look in the mirror I still see the size 6x I was and not the size 3x, but I do have to ask has anyone ever gotten stuck in it lol. Ok now that I am done make fun of myself does anyone have advise for me on what to do or not do before and during the test. Can I butter myself down before going into the test. Ok durning the test first all DO NOT PEEEE OR POOOO right. I guess I was not done making fun of myself. Any help would be good and if you can't tell by all the jocking I am a little scared.

Love, Hugs, and Prayers
Anne

Comments

• lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Anne, you are too funny!
    I don't have any personal experience with petscans but wanted you to know that I'll be thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way for a good outcome. I know that the waiting can be torture but you are sure dealing with it in a healthy way - they say that laughter is the best medicine! Keep us posted, of course.

Kelly

P.S. No pee or poo is darn good advice!:)
  • AnneBehymer
    AnneBehymer Member Posts: 738 Member
    Options

Anne, you are too funny!
    I don't have any personal experience with petscans but wanted you to know that I'll be thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way for a good outcome. I know that the waiting can be torture but you are sure dealing with it in a healthy way - they say that laughter is the best medicine! Keep us posted, of course.

Kelly

P.S. No pee or poo is darn good advice!:)

diapers
    Ok I will make sure I put some depends on BEFORE I go to take the test. Thanks for your prayers and support and yesssss waiting is the worst and since I have to wait until about the 2nd week in April it is going to be very hard.

Love, Hugs, and Prayers
    Anne
  • LaundryQueen
    LaundryQueen Member Posts: 676
    Options

diapers
    Ok I will make sure I put some depends on BEFORE I go to take the test. Thanks for your prayers and support and yesssss waiting is the worst and since I have to wait until about the 2nd week in April it is going to be very hard.

Love, Hugs, and Prayers
    Anne

PET scan
    PET scans are so EASY. It'll be over before you know it. I doubt you have to worry about getting stuck in the machine.
  • kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options

PET scan
    PET scans are so EASY. It'll be over before you know it. I doubt you have to worry about getting stuck in the machine.

I think I have only shared this
    with one other person but, what the heck? About twenty years ago I was set up for an MRI because I was having some weird back pain they were having trouble diagnosing. I was on the platform ready to be moved into the machine when the tech asked me how much I weighed. I was over the limit and the test was cancelled. Talk about humiliation.

About a month before my ov/ca diagnosis I went for an MRI because of an ankle problem (everyone has since forgotten that issue). I was so scared because I am somewhat claustrophobic. I shared my apprehension with the tech and he assured me I would only go in up to my neck. Whew! You are right; that hole looks so small and even though I was about fifty pounds lighter than the last time, I couldn't see how I would fit, but I did.

Karen