Lump

nicmarie75
nicmarie75 Member Posts: 57 Member
My cousin felt a lump, she went to her OB and they felt it too...but told her to hold off on getting it checked out until after her period at the end of the month. She is not overly concerned, but I am nervous. She is from my mothers side, and my mom, our grandfather have both had cancer and her grandmother, dads mom, had breast cancer and died in last few years as a breast cancer survivor from other problems at a fairly older age. I say she should just go in earlier, better safe than sorry. She will be 30 in June, she is the 2nd youngest of our cousins.

Comments

• Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    I can't tell your cousin
    I can't tell your cousin what to do, but, if it were me, I would take it further and request at the least, a mammogram and possibly an ultrasound too. It could be nothing, but, if it is something, I'd want to know asap so that I could have the least offensive treatments.

Wishing her good luck and keep us posted.

Hugs, Megan
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Megan M said:

I can't tell your cousin
    I can't tell your cousin what to do, but, if it were me, I would take it further and request at the least, a mammogram and possibly an ultrasound too. It could be nothing, but, if it is something, I'd want to know asap so that I could have the least offensive treatments.

Wishing her good luck and keep us posted.

Hugs, Megan

Yes, if were me
    knowing what I know now--I'd get it checked out ASAP. It may be nothing, but with some cancers, time is of the essence.

I wish her the best.

Hugs, Renee
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    missrenee said:

Yes, if were me
    knowing what I know now--I'd get it checked out ASAP. It may be nothing, but with some cancers, time is of the essence.

I wish her the best.

Hugs, Renee

I'd want it checked out as
    I'd want it checked out as soon as I could also. Wishing her the best results!

Hugs, Leeza
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    urgent to us and urgent to
    urgent to us and urgent to Dr are two different things. Dr most likely feels month wont' make difference..

KEEP us updated

DEnise