Nick has passed away

Options
Altra
Altra Member Posts: 26
My dad Nick, passed away very early on March 13th after an 11 month battle with EC. My mom and myself were by his side.

He was diagnosed last April as stage III with possible lymph involvement, but even after undergoing six weeks of chemo/radiation and then the invasive surgery, the cancer returned and he went downhill fast in the past two months. Hospice was called in a few weeks ago, and his pain was being managed, so we believe he went as peacefully as possible.

He donated his body to the nearby medical school, hoping that by giving himself to science, medical students can learn from his operation and cancer, and to hopefully improve the survival rate and overall knowledge of this type of cancer in the future.

Comments

• sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
    Options
    So Sorry, My thoughts and
    So Sorry, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom,
    Hugs, sandra
  • rose20
    rose20 Member Posts: 258
    Options
    I am so very sorry
    May God give you comfort and peace during this time. Prayers for you and your mom.
  • mruble
    mruble Member Posts: 174
    Options
    I'm so sorry for the loss of
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear father. You and your mother are in my thoughts and prayers.

Mary
  • paul61
    paul61 Member Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about your Dad
    I am so sorry to hear that your Dad has passed. He fought a brave battle against this disease. I am glad he was at home with his family at the end.

With my condolences,

Paul Adams,
    McCormick, South Carolina
  • AngieD
    AngieD Member Posts: 493
    Options
    paul61 said:

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad
    I am so sorry to hear that your Dad has passed. He fought a brave battle against this disease. I am glad he was at home with his family at the end.

With my condolences,

Paul Adams,
    McCormick, South Carolina

You and your mom are in my
    You and your mom are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so glad your dad was pain free at the end.
    Angie
  • Ginny_B
    Ginny_B Member Posts: 532
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
    I'm so sorry for your loss. It must be terribly hard. It's wonderful that your dad donated his body. He's in God's arms now and is in comfort.
  • anderson5
    anderson5 Member Posts: 13
    Options
    so sorry
    I am so sorry to hear that, my thoughts are with you, my dad had stage lll as well, and underwent 5-6 weeks of chemo/radiation followed by surgery four weeks ago, he just got home from hospital on monday and as yet we dont know what the future holds. I am so sad for you and your family
  • annalan
    annalan Member Posts: 138
    Options
    So very sorry to hear you
    So very sorry to hear you dad has passed away. Thoughts and prayers to you and your mum.

Ann
    Wife of Alan dx Sept. 2009, Ivor Lewis March 2010, NED July 2011
    Passed away from recurrence January 2012
  • bingbing2009
    bingbing2009 Member Posts: 177
    Options
    Our Condolences
    So sorry to hear the news. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Melinda and Vaughn
  • Freida
    Freida Member Posts: 182
    Options

Our Condolences
    So sorry to hear the news. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Melinda and Vaughn

I am so sorry about your
    I am so sorry about your dad. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Freida.
  • GerryS
    GerryS Member Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You have my prayers......
    You have my prayers and my condolences. May God be with you in the coming days.

Gerry
  • captdave
    captdave Member Posts: 153
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about
    I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Dave
  • JReed
    JReed Member Posts: 428
    Options
    Our sympathies to you and your family
    We are sorry to hear that your dad passed away. I do know how you feel - my dad passed away after a lengthy battle and I didn't want to see him go but I could not wish him to be here suffering any longer - you know that feeling.

May the wonderful memories provide comfort to you and your family during this very sad time. I am especially touched that your dad donated his body to science. The lives he will save will never know who to thank, but we will. Thank you.

Judy & Don
  • TerryV
    TerryV Member Posts: 887
    Options
    I am SO sorry!
    Words escape me as I type this....

I'm grateful to your dad for his selfless donation in the interest of others going through this. I pray that his donation leads someone in the field to finding an advanced method of treatment, and perhaps even a cure.

Hold your wonderful memories close. Know we are thinking of you and your family.

Prayers & Hugs,

Terry
  • Cora11
    Cora11 Member Posts: 173
    Options
    TerryV said:

I am SO sorry!
    Words escape me as I type this....

I'm grateful to your dad for his selfless donation in the interest of others going through this. I pray that his donation leads someone in the field to finding an advanced method of treatment, and perhaps even a cure.

Hold your wonderful memories close. Know we are thinking of you and your family.

Prayers & Hugs,

Terry

My condolences to you and
    My condolences to you and your family about your dad. Even at the end, he made a noble choice. I so hope you all find comfort that he is pain free now.
    Cora
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Heeran
    Heeran Member Posts: 171
    Options
    I'm so sorry
    I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm sure your dad knew he was very loved and felt comfort that you and your mom were by his side.
  • birdiequeen
    birdiequeen Member Posts: 319
    Options
    Audrey,
    Your love of your

Audrey,

Your love of your dad has shown through in every post you have made here. He must be very proud of you. What a comfort he must have felt to have you and your mom by his side in the end. Take care.
  • Luvs24
    Luvs24 Member Posts: 75
    Options

Audrey,
    Your love of your

Audrey,

Your love of your dad has shown through in every post you have made here. He must be very proud of you. What a comfort he must have felt to have you and your mom by his side in the end. Take care.

My thoughts and prayers...
    I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your dad. I am so grateful also for his unselfish donation of his body. Hopefully they will be closer to finding answers so other families may someday not have to go through this.

God Bless you and keep you and your family strong,
    Beth
    Daughter of Roy
    T3N1M0
    Ivor Lewis 10/07/11
  • sham81
    sham81 Member Posts: 41
    Options
    Sorry for ur loss
    I am so sorry for ur loss may god give strength to u and ur family in this tough situation