Esophageal Spasms

Options
Ginny_B
Ginny_B Member Posts: 532
For anyone who has yet to experience these...

Mom (in Hospice care since yesterday) started having severe pain in her chest area. I thought it was her heart. Morphine (liquid via g-tube) did nothing to control the pain. I sat with her as they hit - every few minutes - fleeting but intense. Finally, I asked my daughter to call Hospice.

Long story short (and it was a LONG story), the Hospice on-call doc said Esophageal Spasms. Rx'd Norvasc, but only if BP is over 100.

Every day seems to bring a new emergency. I'll talk about the Oxygen Converter later. I'm exhausted.

Comments

• TerryV
    TerryV Member Posts: 887
    Options
    Sorry to hear that it's something new
    Ginny,

Your mom has really had a tough road. Yours has been no breeze as you have walked with her.

Just wanted to let you know that we're thinking of you all and sending prayers.

Terry
  • AngieD
    AngieD Member Posts: 493
    Options
    TerryV said:

Ginny,

Your mom has really had a tough road. Yours has been no breeze as you have walked with her.

Terry

Thinking about and praying
    Thinking about and praying for you all! So glad you have Christina to help also. Remember you have to take care of Ginny--put your oxygen mask on first, as they say, so you'll be able to help others who need you.
    Angie
  • AngieD
    AngieD Member Posts: 493
    Options
    TerryV said:

Ginny,

Terry

Thinking about and praying
    Oops--duplicate