Has anyone had signs of Inflammatory breast cancer.

lauraof4
lauraof4 Member Posts: 24
Hi I have had a rash and swelling of my left breast. Went to GYN. Doctor said it was a fungus rash. Told to take lotion and if it didn`t go away in two weeks call back. It was a smooth skin rash. Didnt go away. I went to my general doctor and he said see a surgeon. To make a long story short. I had two mammograms and it said thickness and calification. Had a Fine Needle Aspiration bisopy on feb.28 It came out negative and I was so releived. The doctor said he thought for sure it would turn out positive. He than said I was not out of the woods yet. He gave me a punch skin biospy. That was Tuesday and told me the test should be in by friday. They were not in. I am still waiting. I am trying not to think about it. My question is has anyone had a bisopy that turned out Negative and 2nd one positive. I just dont like that the biospy is taking longer. Maybe thats good though. He also told me if this comes out negative I have to get a mri.

Comments

• RozHopkins
    RozHopkins Member Posts: 578 Member
    No haven't heard
    about this kind of problem. He seems to think something isn't showing up and an MRI will prove there is or isn't anything there. I wonder if they missed the area with the initial biopsy........ I had mamos every year for twelve years and mine wasn't seen until a sudden lump appeared, more like a cylindrical swelling. Also nothing showed my early cancer on the other side. Now lets hope there is nothing for you to worry about. I would feel better after an MRI to put your mind at rest. Good luck to you.
  • lauraof4
    lauraof4 Member Posts: 24

No haven't heard
    about this kind of problem. He seems to think something isn't showing up and an MRI will prove there is or isn't anything there. I wonder if they missed the area with the initial biopsy........ I had mamos every year for twelve years and mine wasn't seen until a sudden lump appeared, more like a cylindrical swelling. Also nothing showed my early cancer on the other side. Now lets hope there is nothing for you to worry about. I would feel better after an MRI to put your mind at rest. Good luck to you.

Inflammatory breast cancer signs
    Thank you very much for your reply. I will feel better after all this is done. The waiting is no fun. I wish you luck also!!
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    There are several of us here
    There are several of us here who are IBC.

In my case I found an enlarged lymph node under arm one night. My PA was out of town so it was a week til I could see her. Saw her at 11, was at radiology at 1 for a new mammo, followed by a sono and biopsies. Got path. at 8 the next morn (Fri) - IBC. Saw surgeon on Mon, Rads on Wed and Chemo on Thurs. 17 days after DX started chemo. With IBC - time is of the essence.

Remember that the vast majority of lumps/rashes/etc. are benign and of all that are actually a form of breast cancer, IBC is only between 1% to 5% of those DX'd.