I had my last A/C drip yesterday!!! Next is Toxal - Any Advice?

Options
2»

Comments

• Ann2800103
    Ann2800103 Member Posts: 31
    Options
    Glad your through he red devil
    Its the same with me. Taxol was worse for me then the red devil. I will tell you whathelpped me get to that last treatment. It has been 14 years (: Its worth it. I took many baths from joint pains they were bad....my toe nails turned black and fell off. It affected my nervous system. The best I felt is when I made sure I slept plenty and ate lots of avacodos Tomatos if you can. The last treatment was the worse but then it was over. One night half my body was very cold and the other hot. That was my last treatment
    Take lots of warm baths gets lots of rests..
  • Ann2800103
    Ann2800103 Member Posts: 31
    Options
    Glad your through he red devil
    Its the same with me. Taxol was worse for me then the red devil. I will tell you whathelpped me get to that last treatment. It has been 14 years (: Its worth it. I took many baths from joint pains they were bad....my toe nails turned black and fell off. It affected my nervous system. The best I felt is when I made sure I slept plenty and ate lots of avacodos Tomatos if you can. The last treatment was the worse but then it was over. One night half my body was very cold and the other hot. That was my last treatment
    Take lots of warm baths gets lots of rests..
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    natly15 said:

As we all know we are all so
    As we all know we are all so different. A'C was much easier on me than taxol. I had nausea with A/C but taxol and I did not agree. I had 1 1/2 infusions of taxol and they had to stop it and switched me to taxotere which was much easier than a/c or taxol. I was very tired with taxotere but handled it much better. This is certainly a journey of uncertainties, but we all get thru it in one way or another. Hang in there. Since a/c was difficult on you, taxol may be much easier for you. (((hugs)))

Congrats on finishing a/c
    Congrats on finishing a/c and good luck with taxol Dorene. Praying it will go easy for you.

Hugs, Debby
  • DebbyB
    DebbyB Member Posts: 86
    Options
    Taxol
    The Taxol kicked my behind. I had very little side effects from the red devil. I would get Taxol on Friday and by Sunday morning at 10am, I was having bad leg pain. It would ease up by Wednesday, in time to do it all over again. My last Taxol treatment was Sept 16th. I still have neuropathy, but its not near as bad as it was. I started going to water aerobics and it has helped so much. I can get exercise without putting weight on my feet.
  • AngieD
    AngieD Member Posts: 493
    Options
    DebbyB said:

Taxol
    The Taxol kicked my behind. I had very little side effects from the red devil. I would get Taxol on Friday and by Sunday morning at 10am, I was having bad leg pain. It would ease up by Wednesday, in time to do it all over again. My last Taxol treatment was Sept 16th. I still have neuropathy, but its not near as bad as it was. I started going to water aerobics and it has helped so much. I can get exercise without putting weight on my feet.

Dorene, my husband and I
    Dorene, my husband and I both had our first Taxol IV's today and so far so good. They were very good about staying and watching for the first 15 minutes for an allergic reaction which will happen then or not at all. So, if someone doesn't look like they are going to stay with you for the 15 minutes, insist on it. We are taking 100 mg of B6 twice a day to help prevent neuropathy. Our onco approved this, but check with yours. Hoping for smooth sailing with Taxol for all 3 of us.
    Angie
  • Jobi
    Jobi Member Posts: 211
    Options
    AngieD said:

Dorene, my husband and I
    Dorene, my husband and I both had our first Taxol IV's today and so far so good. They were very good about staying and watching for the first 15 minutes for an allergic reaction which will happen then or not at all. So, if someone doesn't look like they are going to stay with you for the 15 minutes, insist on it. We are taking 100 mg of B6 twice a day to help prevent neuropathy. Our onco approved this, but check with yours. Hoping for smooth sailing with Taxol for all 3 of us.
    Angie

No Taxol Today
    Thanks so much Angie! I will keep this in mind. I went for my treatment this morning, and my doctor shocked me a bit. She said that because I had such a difficult time in the last few weeks with chest pain, neuropathy, and nausea, she wanted to give my body a break. She suspended treatments for 3 weeks! I know it delays the inevitable, but I will take it!
    She did give me Lyrica for the hand pain since it had become severe. In the meantime, I will hope and pray that you do well with Taxol. Thank you so much for thinking about me!!!!

Dorene
  • DebbyB
    DebbyB Member Posts: 86
    Options
    Jobi said:

No Taxol Today
    Thanks so much Angie! I will keep this in mind. I went for my treatment this morning, and my doctor shocked me a bit. She said that because I had such a difficult time in the last few weeks with chest pain, neuropathy, and nausea, she wanted to give my body a break. She suspended treatments for 3 weeks! I know it delays the inevitable, but I will take it!
    She did give me Lyrica for the hand pain since it had become severe. In the meantime, I will hope and pray that you do well with Taxol. Thank you so much for thinking about me!!!!

Dorene

congrats on the break
    That is great you are getting a break. I would have taken it, too. :)
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Jobi said:

No Taxol Today

Dorene

Sometimes our bodies truly
    Sometimes our bodies truly need a break. I am glad that you are getting one Dorene.

Hoping that the Lyrica will help with your hand pain.

Good luck,

Noel
  • AngieD
    AngieD Member Posts: 493
    Options
    Noel said:

Sometimes our bodies truly
    Sometimes our bodies truly need a break. I am glad that you are getting one Dorene.

Hoping that the Lyrica will help with your hand pain.

Good luck,

Noel

That sounds like a good
    That sounds like a good plan, Dorene. I had to take a one week break because of low WBC's. And I feel better now than in a long while. Good bye and good riddance A/C! So far, Taxol is being kinder to me--fingers crossed that it continues.
    Enjoy your break!
    Angie
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    Jobi said:

No Taxol Today

Dorene

Yes, it will delay your
    Yes, it will delay your ending the taxol, but, it sounds like you really need this break Dorene.

Keep us updated as to how you are,

Angie