Fentanyl Patch -- Shivering???

Options
Ginny_B
Ginny_B Member Posts: 532
Fentanyl Patch. Mom just started using this around 2 pm. Nurse was here when we applied the first one. She was pain free in under 20 minutes. About 1.5 hours after going to bed she called me - she was shaking like a leaf in a windstorm. I put another blanket over a doubled quilt. Still shook. Got a third blanket and covered her. I do not feel a fever. Anyone experience this kind of chills with the Fentanyl Patch? It was very effective as a break-through med. Tomorrow we will pick up her liquid morphine. She took Atenolol, Xanax, and a sleeping pill at bedtime. All her usual stuff, but I wonder if any of those have an adverse reaction with the Fentanyl. She seemed warmer finally - the shivers have stopped.

And the hits just keep on coming.

Comments

• Heeran
    Heeran Member Posts: 171
    Options
    Did you ever figure out the
    Did you ever figure out the cause? My mom was getting all sorts of bad side effects from the combo of the sleeping pill, anti nauseu meds and especially the pain meds but she was never on the patch.
  • Ginny_B
    Ginny_B Member Posts: 532
    Options
    Heeran said:

Did you ever figure out the
    Did you ever figure out the cause? My mom was getting all sorts of bad side effects from the combo of the sleeping pill, anti nauseu meds and especially the pain meds but she was never on the patch.

Never found out why the
    Never found out why the shivers or hot flashes. Even now in her comatose state we cover her then uncover her. I'm told that near the end the temp might spike. I check her all the time.

Right before she slipped into the coma I asked her to take me with her. She got mad at me.