Prayers!

HootieGirl
HootieGirl Member Posts: 85
Hi wonderful ladies,

I haven't been feeling well at all lately. I've had a headache that won't go away and even though I'm sleeping about 12 hours a day, I'm exhausted all the time. I've been running a fever off and on, so I'm going to have everything looked at tomorrow. I have an MRI of my brain scheduled and some blood/lab work. My dad is suspicious that I could be anemic which could explain the exhaustion. I leave to go on spring break a week from tomorrow, so hopefully we can get everything sorted out before I leave. I'm sure it's nothing, but better safe than sorry I guess. It really is the craziest thing to have a small headache and all of the sudden be terrified that the cancer is spreading to your brain. I'm trying to eliminate all of these irrational thoughts, but lately my mind has been wandering to the worst possible scenario. Sometimes I feel like I'm going insane.

Also I just wanted to let y'all know how grateful I am for your words of wisdom and kind thoughts. I try to keep up with everyone's stories as much as I can and I am beyond thankful that I have access to such a great site with such strong and inspirational women. I received an email back in September from a 37 year old woman in Ohio that had a benign phyllodes tumor. We've been emailing back and forth ever since and she'll send me pictures of her neice/nephews. We keep each other updated on our lives and its pretty amazing that its all because of this site. I definitely try to count all of my blessings and you girls are definitely all acounted for! I'll let you know when my labs come back normal tomorrow and then after a week on the beach, I have the dreaded pet. All smiles and prayers until then. Hope you girls are having an incredible week!!

Kat

Comments

• Mitzi333
    Mitzi333 Member Posts: 511 Member
    Hey Kat...
    I'm praying with you. All will be FINE!!! Thanks for the update. Relax, Pack your bags and get ready for the beach!!!

{{{Hugs}}}
    Mitzi ;0)
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Prayers
    Hi,

I am praying for you and hope this is nothing. I know how you feel. Sometimes every little ache and pain makes you think of that ulgy cancer word. I think you should focus on your trip because no matter what you should go and enjoy yourself. Between school and all this you deserve it!

((hugs))

Terry
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    mom62 said:

Prayers
    Hi,

I am praying for you and hope this is nothing. I know how you feel. Sometimes every little ache and pain makes you think of that ulgy cancer word. I think you should focus on your trip because no matter what you should go and enjoy yourself. Between school and all this you deserve it!

((hugs))

Terry

sending positive thoughts
    for good results.I think you just have too much going on including surgeries, being a full-time student, and leaving on your own. I hope your tests will come back good and you enjoy upcoming spring break.
    Hugs
    New Flower
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    My thoughts and prayers are
    My thoughts and prayers are with ,our biggest worry is always the unknown.Here's hoping your test all come out fine.Try and have a good time on the beach i know thats hard to do when you have worry's.

Hugs Frankie
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    prayers
    praying you get down to the bottom of this. Also you can nap on the beach if you get tired durring spring break.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

prayers
    praying you get down to the bottom of this. Also you can nap on the beach if you get tired durring spring break.

Dear Kit Kat .. sorry to hear that you are down, and
    worried about the 'beast'! It appears at he's never too far away from our thoughts,
    and everyday life.

You have beat so many odds, and climb many mountains for such a young SURVIVOR -- so
    I am praying and hoping that your energy levels, and sleep patterns are indeed the
    cause of anemia, and nothing more.

Positive thoughts, and prayers that all turns out well.

You are undoubtedly the most 'positive' young Woman I know -- so during this
    slightly down time -- I am sending you my love, hope and strength.

Pack those bags -- and enjoy spring break ...

Vicki Sam
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hey Kat!
    Sending positive thoughts & prayers your way. Enjoy your spring break! You definitely deserve it.

xoxo
  • JuJuBeez
    JuJuBeez Member Posts: 332
    Sending good 'ju ju' your
    Sending good 'ju ju' your way. It's so hard to not worry about every pain and every test - just waiting for something else to happen. That's pretty normal, unfortunately.

Think about your nice vacation coming up. There's a certain kind of 'healing' that only the beach can do! Best wishes to you!

Hugs,
    Julie
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Sending my good energy your way Kat
    It's natural to be scared of the flame once you got burned.
    I will hold my breath till I hear your results. I am ferociously
    hoping for good results.

I am sending you a big huuuge hug Kat!

Love,
    Ayse
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Mitzi333 said:

Hey Kat...
    I'm praying with you. All will be FINE!!! Thanks for the update. Relax, Pack your bags and get ready for the beach!!!

{{{Hugs}}}
    Mitzi ;0)

Praying for you Kat.
    Hugs,

Praying for you Kat.

Hugs, Jan
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Kat
    You are not going insane, thinking the worse comes with not feeling very well. We will just assume your dad is right and they can get some iron into you and get rid of the headache before your trip.

Have a great time laying on the beach. I love just getting away because during that time I am not a cancer patient, I am a tourist, and tourists get to just relax, play, and enjoy each day. You can always do the worrying when you get back! But by then you will be feeling much better from your vacation with no need to worry!

Think of you so often, you have been such an inspiration yourself!

Wish you the best and have a great spring break.
    Carol
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

Hey Kat!
    Sending positive thoughts & prayers your way. Enjoy your spring break! You definitely deserve it.

xoxo

Praying you will get good
    Praying you will get good news and have a fun filled spring break!

Sue :)
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Have a great spring break!
    After you get all excellent reports on your MRI and labs.

Will continue to be thinking of you,

Jennifer
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    grams2jc said:

Have a great spring break!
    After you get all excellent reports on your MRI and labs.

Will continue to be thinking of you,

Jennifer

Hi Kat,
    I hope all the tests

Hi Kat,
    I hope all the tests come back great. It's so normal to be scared when our bodies experience any ache or pain.
    God bless you sweet heart,
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member

Hi Kat,
    I hope all the tests

Hi Kat,
    I hope all the tests come back great. It's so normal to be scared when our bodies experience any ache or pain.
    God bless you sweet heart,
    Hugs,
    Wanda

I just want to hug you!
    and tell you it will all be ok. I can't do that very well, so I send cyberhugs and lots and lots of prayers.

Love,
    Suzanne
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    aysemari said:

Sending my good energy your way Kat
    It's natural to be scared of the flame once you got burned.
    I will hold my breath till I hear your results. I am ferociously
    hoping for good results.

I am sending you a big huuuge hug Kat!

Love,
    Ayse

So good to see an update
    So good to see an update from you Kat. I will be praying that you will post good results.

Hugs, Leeza
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member

I just want to hug you!
    and tell you it will all be ok. I can't do that very well, so I send cyberhugs and lots and lots of prayers.

Love,
    Suzanne

You Precious Girl !
    You have our prayers.....that you you can get this behind you and get on with your life....
    This is the most wonderful site!

Hugs, Nancy
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Fatigue
    Dear Kat,

You have endured months of medical procedures and stress, the fatigue might be due to all you have been through for so long.

Headaches with a breast cancer diagnose always puts up the red flag. I was in the hospital last week and in my doctors note was the words "consider a brain MRI" as I had relentless headaches. Mine resolved. I hope yours do too.

It is hard not to stress out in your situation.

Do hope all will be well for you along with the fun in the sun.

Best,

Doris
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Hey Kat, I'm sending prayers
    Hey Kat, I'm sending prayers your way. Laying on the beach will make you feel better. Soaking up the sun. Have fun on break. Take care Kay
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    camul said:

Kat
    You are not going insane, thinking the worse comes with not feeling very well. We will just assume your dad is right and they can get some iron into you and get rid of the headache before your trip.

Have a great time laying on the beach. I love just getting away because during that time I am not a cancer patient, I am a tourist, and tourists get to just relax, play, and enjoy each day. You can always do the worrying when you get back! But by then you will be feeling much better from your vacation with no need to worry!

Think of you so often, you have been such an inspiration yourself!

Wish you the best and have a great spring break.
    Carol

Good luck with your tests
    Good luck with your tests Kat and have a great spring break.

Hugs, Debby