hi am new has any body heard of the dr budwiig diet

Hi,

I had surgery 12/31/11 and I have an open wound in my stomach my surgeon does not see vey concern. I hate the smell and when I have chemo smell gets me very nauseas.. any suggestions is it normal ?

Comments

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Hi
    Can you be more specific?

Is the wound of only skin and lower layers or is it open to any internal organs?

Do you have any care instructions for dealing with the wound? I had one which was very slow to heal. It required twice daily packing of damp guaze and a covering of dry. It too considerable time to heal.

Please give us more info and I am sure others will give their own experiences.

Marie who loves kitties
  • janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    I never had that problem
    I never had that problem with my 4 surgeries but I work with a guy who had an ostomy reversed and had that problem for several months until it finally healed.
  • MrsJP
    MrsJP Member Posts: 157
    budwig diet
    Yes..I think that with most alternative treatments, you have to be up for a life style change. Just eating cottage cheese with flax oil is not going to take the cancer away. Just picture your house being on fire...fireman putting the flames out in the front and a old arch enemy putting gasoline on the back... This alternative will not hurt you and it's worth a try...but if your not going to change your eating habits or smoking/drinking...it won't be effective.
    Just saying
    jp
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Smells like low tide I bet
    They both seem the same except for the rabbit who has handlebars.
    -p
  • MrsJP
    MrsJP Member Posts: 157
    PhillieG said:

Smells like low tide I bet
    They both seem the same except for the rabbit who has handlebars.
    -p

")
    phil--you crack me up!!!

Love U
    jp
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    i have tried it
    firstly welcome to the board.

sorry to hear about the wound.

i am doing parts of budwig protocol now.

flax oil is great, i grind flax seeds daily, the ligans have some anti cancer properties.

i use the oil as often as i can, you cannot cook with it.

budwig also pushed sunshine therapy, which is vitamin d, way before it was trendy.

i hope what you try brings you health and that you have fun in the pursuit of health.

and if your worried about the smell, and the surgeon is not addressing your worries, then keep on getting opinions. doctors are human, maybe an integrative gp or a naturopath or another surgeon.

hugs,

pete
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    MrsJP said:

")
    phil--you crack me up!!!

Love U
    jp

Sorry Phil, I've read your
    Sorry Phil, I've read your post like 10 times....I DON'T GET IT!! I'm so confused....