Not typical symptoms

sjde
sjde Member Posts: 10
I have had abdominal/pelvic pain on the lower left side and a backache. The doctor ordered a pelvic ultrasound to check for ovarian cancer, but I'm wondering if colon cancer ever presents this way. I had a colonoscopy 2 or 3 years ago.

Comments

• herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Ovaries
    I did have an original diagnosis when caught as a stage IV with a tumor in my right ovary, it has since shrunk and is consider gone from the chemo. So I would say yes, it does happen. The tumor in my ureter however had to be surgically removed. Fingers crossed it's just female problems!! I'll be putting in a few words with the Man upstairs from my end for you,for whatever good it may do and keep my fingers crossed as well. I think they can remove the ovaries if it is, and all is good though (just what I've heard).
    Winter Marie
  • annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    Side pain
    was one of my symptoms, due to the tumors that were in the colon in that area. However, I was also very anemic, extremely fatigued, and running daily fever, as well. Never had just side pain. Hopefully your doc can get you fully checked out, put that particular worry to rest! Ann