Has anyone been taken off tamoxifen and put on evista?

Ballerina
Ballerina Member Posts: 152
Good evening ladies just got a couple quick questions? Has anyone been taken off tamoxifen and put on evista? If so, are you experiencing side effects and has the evista help prevent a reoccurance? I've been on tamoxifen for 2yrs but I've been experiencing joint pain, extreme fatigue, and weight loss. I am not comfortable with my oncologist so I got a second one. He told me to keep taking tamoxifen and ride it out. I just want your imput. Thank you.

Ballerina

Comments

• robang13
    robang13 Member Posts: 333
    I just read about evista and
    I just read about evista and I don't think I would switch eventhough tamoxifen's se stink. Read this page: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001022/ I don't think it prevents enough forms of BC to risk it. Just my opinion

angela
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Yes
    That is what I have been on for over 6 months now. No se that I could tell. I was swelling so bad on the tamoxifen that he said it was toxic to my system. I am very happy with the Evista but I am already stage iv so recurrence was not an issue.

Carol
  • eihtak
    eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member
    camul said:

Yes
    That is what I have been on for over 6 months now. No se that I could tell. I was swelling so bad on the tamoxifen that he said it was toxic to my system. I am very happy with the Evista but I am already stage iv so recurrence was not an issue.

Carol

Side effects??
    Hi, I am new to this all and very confused with questions myself. I am having a double mastectomy in 2wks and my doc said he will then put me on Arimidex. When I reserched it it seemed to have less side effects than Tamoxifen, but I obviously don't know yet.....I am 1yr out from treatment for Anal Cancer so that may have something to do with it???? Like I said too many questions myself!