Pam5 Surgery Update

Andie3
Andie3 Member Posts: 39
Hi, Everyone!

I haven't been posting here in awhile, mostly because Pam has been keeping you updated about how she's doing.

But this morning, I wanted to let you know she had her surgery yesterday. She was in the OR about 4 hours, and her surgery went better than anyone could have hoped.

She's feeling so good this morning that they may let her come home later today. They feel like they got all the cancer. And while it was a tricky location, the plastic surgeon did a terrific job of closing.

I need to get down to the hospital, but I know she wanted me to keep you all posted about her progress...and I'm so excited to report she's doing this well!

I know that's in no small part because of all your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks to this incredible group for helping her stay informed and really hopeful throughout all this process.

You're all the best, and my heart goes to out to you in a big hug!

Andie

Comments

• Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Thanks for the update Andie.
    Thanks for the update Andie. Glad her surgery is over and that she may come home today. Give her a hug from me and I have an extra one for you too!

Hugs, Lex
  • jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Pam's surgery
    Hi Andie,

Thanks for the update on Pam. I am glad she is doing well. Did you both of you see AND hear the Pink Bus? When it pulled up to the hospital we stuck our heads out the window, waved and tooted on our party horns. It was quite a sight.

Before Pam is released make sure you talk to her general surgeon and/or reconstructive surgeon about post-surgical exercises for the arms and shoulders. It is SO easy for them to get stiff from lack of use and then you end up with the dreaded "frozen shoulder." Been there, done that and it was most unpleasant.

Big - but gentle - hugs to you and Pam.

IRENE
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member

Pam's surgery
    Hi Andie,

Thanks for the update on Pam. I am glad she is doing well. Did you both of you see AND hear the Pink Bus? When it pulled up to the hospital we stuck our heads out the window, waved and tooted on our party horns. It was quite a sight.

Before Pam is released make sure you talk to her general surgeon and/or reconstructive surgeon about post-surgical exercises for the arms and shoulders. It is SO easy for them to get stiff from lack of use and then you end up with the dreaded "frozen shoulder." Been there, done that and it was most unpleasant.

IRENE

Thanks Andie
    What a relief to get such a good report from the surgery. Pam has been through so much.

My best to both of you,
    Suzanne
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

Pam's surgery
    Hi Andie,

IRENE

Thank you Andie for updating
    Thank you Andie for updating us! My best to both of you!
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    Thanks for the up date glad
    Thanks for the up date glad it went well.

Hugs Frankie
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Update
    Thanks for the update. Glad to hear things went well. Wishing her all the best.

Terry
  • Andie3
    Andie3 Member Posts: 39
    mom62 said:

Update
    Thanks for the update. Glad to hear things went well. Wishing her all the best.

Terry

Pam's Home Today
    I really appreciate all the encouragement and the good wishes. Pam came home from the hospital early today. She's a little sore, but generally, she feels pretty good. It's tough to keep Pam down; thank God, her spirit is irrepressible!

I was especially grateful for the practical reminder to start arm and shoulder exercises. I had forgotten that. Pam's a shiatsu massage practitioner and is thankfully familiar with both strengthening exercises.

I know there may be some bumps in the road ahead, but for today, I am celebrating the good news and feeling a lot of gratitude.

And again, I'm sending all of you healing wishes.

Andie
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    :)
    Hi Andie! Good to see you, and here hoping you are doing great.

Thanks for letting us know about Pam. She was very nervous right before surgery so I am glad this step is over and she is recovering fine. Send her a big HUG from us please. And thanks for the update!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

:)
    Hi Andie! Good to see you, and here hoping you are doing great.

Thanks for letting us know about Pam. She was very nervous right before surgery so I am glad this step is over and she is recovering fine. Send her a big HUG from us please. And thanks for the update!

Andie .. so kind of you to keep us Sisters in PINK
    updated on Pam. Keep her close, and give Pam a gentle hug from all of us, okay?

Strength, Courage and Hope for a CURE.

Vicki Sam
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    Andie3 said:

Pam's Home Today
    I really appreciate all the encouragement and the good wishes. Pam came home from the hospital early today. She's a little sore, but generally, she feels pretty good. It's tough to keep Pam down; thank God, her spirit is irrepressible!

I was especially grateful for the practical reminder to start arm and shoulder exercises. I had forgotten that. Pam's a shiatsu massage practitioner and is thankfully familiar with both strengthening exercises.

I know there may be some bumps in the road ahead, but for today, I am celebrating the good news and feeling a lot of gratitude.

And again, I'm sending all of you healing wishes.

Andie

Glad she is home and felling
    Glad she is home and felling pretty good,yes make sure she does her exercises very important.
    Hugs Frankie