No treatment today

Spoke too soon...was suppose to get treatment today but platelettes were too low so get a week break. I guess that is my birthday present. My plates usually come back on their own if I get a week off. Hope everyone is doing good.
Jeff

Comments

• pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Well Jeff welcome to the club!
    Good luck my friend!
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    George Too
    is in the "no treatment today" club. I figured he wouldn't get treatment the day before. Anyway, he got his Procrit shot and is getting Neuprogen shots. For George, the one week break will do him a world of good. The doc has him on a 3 weeks on, 1 week off regimen and it really is getting to be too much. Will talk to docs tomorrow, I would like him on a 2 week on, 1 week off regimen. Chemo 3 weeks in a row really gets him down.

Take care all - Tina
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    geotina said:

George Too
    is in the "no treatment today" club. I figured he wouldn't get treatment the day before. Anyway, he got his Procrit shot and is getting Neuprogen shots. For George, the one week break will do him a world of good. The doc has him on a 3 weeks on, 1 week off regimen and it really is getting to be too much. Will talk to docs tomorrow, I would like him on a 2 week on, 1 week off regimen. Chemo 3 weeks in a row really gets him down.

Take care all - Tina

Wow, this is getting to be a
    Wow, this is getting to be a trend.
  • kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
    As it goes on...
    It takes more time to bounce back. Effects are cumulative. Enjoy the rest and gather strength by hydrating and eating well while you can!
    Hugs,Kirsten