Question About Pains, Post-Chemo

LoveBabyJesus
LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
Hi lovely sisters!

Hope everyone is doing very well.

I was wondering, how do you deal with pains post-chemo? My last blood work was in January and markers were OK. Right now I have pains under my right breast - where the cancer was -- (abdominal area), so I requested a sonogram and it was done. All clear (Amen to that). Now I have pains on my upper back, right side. Right away I think lungs! But just had a checkup recently. How do you ladies deal with these pains and stay positive? I try to stay positive, but sometimes I am scared. Especially when ti comes to pains ion my back (where my lung is) and bones. What would you do? Would you request a test for every pain you feel? My Onco. never did a Pet scan. UGH.

Background information: Dx Jan. 2011, finished chemo July, 2011, finished rads August 31, and on tamoxifen since aug. 1st.

Hugs to all of you.

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    you do learn to deal with
    you do learn to deal with pains as the years go by. unfortunately we have pains that get more and more as we age. Give it the two week rule, I find this helps, as I decide that I will worry if I still have the pain in two weeks. Most recently my neck was really hurting, I almost called the doc, the I figured out it was from doing an abdominal machine
    at the gym. Once I stopped using it, it got better.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    carkris said:

you do learn to deal with
    you do learn to deal with pains as the years go by. unfortunately we have pains that get more and more as we age. Give it the two week rule, I find this helps, as I decide that I will worry if I still have the pain in two weeks. Most recently my neck was really hurting, I almost called the doc, the I figured out it was from doing an abdominal machine
    at the gym. Once I stopped using it, it got better.

After having bc, every pain
    After having bc, every pain or anything different brings all of that right back up. I know how easy it is to think that everything is the cancer back. The 2 week rule is great, but ofcourse, we are still going to worry.

If something is bothering you, just let your doctor know. That's why they are there in my opinion. I'd rather be safe than let something go and be sorry down the road.

I hope that with time, you will start to feel better.

Good luck,

Lex