husband in pain - wife needs advice

farmgal
farmgal Member Posts: 22
My husband had colon cancer-operated on 3 1/2 years ago. 14 inches of colon removed-lower section very near rectum. In the past thirty days he has had severe burning and pain just inside the rectum. I can not get him to the doctor or hospital. Any advice on what it can be.

Comments

• tommycat
    tommycat Member Posts: 790 Member
    I had that too, and
    I had that too, and strangely enough it went away. In the meantime, I put ice in a baggie and put it between my legs and also popped some pain meds.
    But I did see a Dr. just to take a look and make sure it wasn't serious....maybe that's why he's reluctant to go, because he fears it might be something serious?
    I felt the same way, but also knew from my previous cancer experience that it is best to catch things while they are "fixable".
    Good luck, and hope he changes his mind~
  • annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    Could perhaps be internal hemorrhoids-
    but really he should get checked out by a doctor, the sooner the better. Good luck-Ann
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member

Could perhaps be internal hemorrhoids-
    but really he should get checked out by a doctor, the sooner the better. Good luck-Ann

I'm with Ann probably roids but it must be checked!
    Hope the best, hugs!
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    Hugs
    I agree with whatever one has said, he does need to get it checked, just might be hemorrhoids/fisure?