Options
124»

Comments

• angec
    angec Member Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    livealive said:

Mood swings
    That is so true, am worried sick some days, others seem better.
    They say time heals everything, our friend Lisa has told me about the power of prayer, and I have no reason to question her personal concrete experience, which makes me want to believe, and yet the fear can be overwhelming at times.
    I don't know whether I have ability and capacity to help anyone else here, but I find trying to do that helps me. To me then, it's worth the effort. If nothing else, I would have tried to bring some comfort to myself.
    Thank you all.

Hi there, you are a big help
    Hi there, you are a big help to others. You answered my question about my mom yesterday and it made me feel really good to know you cared enough about someone you don't even know to reach out. It is a very good feeling to help others and thus you also help yourself. It is rough what you all are going through and mood swings are the norm. But take one day at a time and live each day to the fullest. A positive attitude is what will get you through this and make you stronger. I suffer with various illness and i almost gave up many times. My friend one time asked me if i was ready to die. I told her no, of course not. And she said so fight and fight hard, tell yourself you are not going anywhere anytime soon and be positive. That really hit me hard and it made think. I decided not to worry so much and make my immune system work harder just by positive thoughts. I have a bunch of other health issues that i deal with. I hope this helps you and i want you to know that every letter you type is encouraging and you are a great person to want to help others while you are suffering as well. Know that you are not in this alone. You are in my prayers.

In the meantime, although i hesitate to mention this due to controversy but may I encourage you to look at a doctor's site who i have been using his advanced homeopathic meds for years. He cured my dad of prostate cancer with his advanced homeopathic remedies a few years ago. My dad was scheduled for surgery and before he went i encouraged him to try this doctor for two months before the surgery and he did. Then when he went to pre-certify the PSA was down and so was the swelling so they postponed surgery. He is fine till today. Please click on his cancer link and look at the progress and read the testimonies. You have nothing to lose and plenty to gain and a very promising hope. I am using him right now for my mom until she gets her kidney sugery and after. He has been able to stop the bleeding in her urine in a day or two just with his advanced medicines. He is amazing. Mom wants to do the surgery and it is her choice, but he has alot of success in successfully treating many different cancers. She will use his meds after surgery to avoid recurrence and spread.
    www.drpbanerji.com. This is especially good for those who were told there is not much else they can do. He has several renal / kidney cancer testimonies on his sight and ppl are doing very well. I hope this helps someone.

Suzanne Somers has alot in her book about homeopathy but too bad she doesn't have this medical doctor in her book. Anyone would be fortunate to find him. He is so reasonable in price too. But check him out. If you write to him let him know Angela sent you. Wishing you all the best. Stay positive.
  • Irishguy1978
    Irishguy1978 Member Posts: 14
    Options
    adobe said:

looking forward
    Hello Irishguy1978 Glad to hear you are on the mend. Remember March 17th will be here on Saturday! You are excused from doing the Irish Jig this year, but look forward to having the Luck of the Irish and feeling good over the weekend, and wear something green!

Lol
    I'll do a modified jig adobe Lol as I have a lot to be happy for!

It's been 11 days since my surgery and I'm doing really well. I remember finding this site a couple days before the surgery and wondering how I would be doing and what recovery would be like. I'm doing anlot better than I thought I would be all things considered. The after effects from the surgery are more of an inconvenience than a severe hindrance. Im up and around doing a lot of stuff I didn't think I would be able to do :) I'm just thankful that hints have gone so well. I know it could have just as easily went the other way. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact I didn't have a lot of time, between Dx and the removal, to build up expectations in my head. I'm just going one day at a time and looking at things very differently.
  • icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options

Lol

It's been 11 days since my surgery and I'm doing really well. I remember finding this site a couple days before the surgery and wondering how I would be doing and what recovery would be like. I'm doing anlot better than I thought I would be all things considered. The after effects from the surgery are more of an inconvenience than a severe hindrance. Im up and around doing a lot of stuff I didn't think I would be able to do :) I'm just thankful that hints have gone so well. I know it could have just as easily went the other way. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact I didn't have a lot of time, between Dx and the removal, to build up expectations in my head. I'm just going one day at a time and looking at things very differently.

Piece of Cake
    Or shold I say Irish stew. Thinking of celebrating St. Patricks day tomorrow by finding something green to eat while cleaning the refrigerator out. Just kdding.

Icemantoo
  • livealive
    livealive Member Posts: 127
    Options

Lol

Indianguy1969
    I am glad you are doing well. Our imagination and fears often get the better of us, I myself am afraid to let my guard down - a guard which is so utterly useless, an illusion, but it's still there.

Raj.
  • Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798
    Options
    livealive said:

Indianguy1969
    I am glad you are doing well. Our imagination and fears often get the better of us, I myself am afraid to let my guard down - a guard which is so utterly useless, an illusion, but it's still there.

Raj.

Illusion
    Raj, on a more serious note, is that really your own hair? It looks very like mine but not at all the way I picture you, but then you do seem to change a lot!

Are you truly under the cosh in terms of having to make a decision now about the trial? I'm still guessing that you could get in on it later if you were determined to do so. So long as you looked dependable enough to give some sort of plausible commitment to try to stick with it, I doubt whether you would be turned away - trial subjects are often greatly needed.

I have been meandering through many debates and think one that will either help you focus on the parameters for decision-making or help to take your mind off speculations about your future is the squaring off of the proponents of EBM and SBM (Evidence Based Medicine v Science Based Medicine). I didn't really sleep last night so my brain isn't up to tackling the full rigours of Bayesian Inference this morning but if you take a glance around here:

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/of-sbm-and-ebm-redux-part-iv-continued-more-cochrane-and-a-little-bayes/

I don't suggest you commit much time to trying to take it all in but a quick look here and there may be worthwhile.
    The site has a substantial section on Clinical Trials, which I may dip into a little and it might give you an approach to resolving your current dilemma. {I still think that 'cognitive restructuring' to reduce your anxiety levels should be a major priority for you and that it would help you to reach considered decisions.]
  • Irishguy1978
    Options
    Checking in.

Hey guys :) I just wanted to pop in and say hi. in march I was 2 years cancer free. I am thanother for that. I have had aof of problems since the surgery. Lots of nerve damage and sensitivity around the incision site even two plus years out. Shooting firery pain and lots of cramping on the right torso. I make do as best I can. I'm just thankful that so far I've won the battle against the big C. I've settled in OKC. 

• Irishguy1978
    Options
    angec said:

Hi there, you are a big help
    Hi there, you are a big help to others. You answered my question about my mom yesterday and it made me feel really good to know you cared enough about someone you don't even know to reach out. It is a very good feeling to help others and thus you also help yourself. It is rough what you all are going through and mood swings are the norm. But take one day at a time and live each day to the fullest. A positive attitude is what will get you through this and make you stronger. I suffer with various illness and i almost gave up many times. My friend one time asked me if i was ready to die. I told her no, of course not. And she said so fight and fight hard, tell yourself you are not going anywhere anytime soon and be positive. That really hit me hard and it made think. I decided not to worry so much and make my immune system work harder just by positive thoughts. I have a bunch of other health issues that i deal with. I hope this helps you and i want you to know that every letter you type is encouraging and you are a great person to want to help others while you are suffering as well. Know that you are not in this alone. You are in my prayers.

In the meantime, although i hesitate to mention this due to controversy but may I encourage you to look at a doctor's site who i have been using his advanced homeopathic meds for years. He cured my dad of prostate cancer with his advanced homeopathic remedies a few years ago. My dad was scheduled for surgery and before he went i encouraged him to try this doctor for two months before the surgery and he did. Then when he went to pre-certify the PSA was down and so was the swelling so they postponed surgery. He is fine till today. Please click on his cancer link and look at the progress and read the testimonies. You have nothing to lose and plenty to gain and a very promising hope. I am using him right now for my mom until she gets her kidney sugery and after. He has been able to stop the bleeding in her urine in a day or two just with his advanced medicines. He is amazing. Mom wants to do the surgery and it is her choice, but he has alot of success in successfully treating many different cancers. She will use his meds after surgery to avoid recurrence and spread.
    www.drpbanerji.com. This is especially good for those who were told there is not much else they can do. He has several renal / kidney cancer testimonies on his sight and ppl are doing very well. I hope this helps someone.

Suzanne Somers has alot in her book about homeopathy but too bad she doesn't have this medical doctor in her book. Anyone would be fortunate to find him. He is so reasonable in price too. But check him out. If you write to him let him know Angela sent you. Wishing you all the best. Stay positive.

Excellent post

I know it's been a long time angela, but I just read this post. Thanks for posting it.