back to square one

Options
poopergirl14052
poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
My cancer has reared it's ugly head again. I will be starting chemo next week. Gemzar and Cisplatin. I am also hanging up my nursing shoes. Time to kick back and concentrate on beating this beast to the ground. I am sad and scared. Thank God for family and friends and this board. I now realize I will probably be on chemo for the most of my life. On the bright side my week-ends and holidays are free,,,something I haven't had in 29 years!!!!!!!.....val

Comments

• mom2greatkids
    mom2greatkids Member Posts: 528
    Options
    Sorry Val. You are such an
    Sorry Val. You are such an inspiration to all of us on here. You always have something positive to say. You're a true warrior!!

Carla
  • Pattyn
    Pattyn Member Posts: 47
    Options

Sorry Val. You are such an
    Sorry Val. You are such an inspiration to all of us on here. You always have something positive to say. You're a true warrior!!

Carla

Sending prayers
    Sending prayers to you. You are an inspiration to me and all teal sisters.
    Patty
  • Lisa13Q
    Lisa13Q Member Posts: 677
    Options
    Dear Val
    Dear Dear Val,

I hate this disease and I am soooo glad you are going to focus on healing and nothing else....please get better....please....
  • lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Lisa13Q said:

Dear Val
    Dear Dear Val,

I hate this disease and I am soooo glad you are going to focus on healing and nothing else....please get better....please....

Oh Val
    I hope you kick cancer's butt and I'm cheering you on from the side lines. Please keep us posted of course.

Hugs,

Kelly
  • azgrandma
    azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
    Options

Oh Val
    I hope you kick cancer's butt and I'm cheering you on from the side lines. Please keep us posted of course.

Hugs,

Kelly

i am praying
    i am praying fo ryou
  • kellyh33
    kellyh33 Member Posts: 287
    Options
    This makes me sad
    Hi Val,
    I am so sorry you have to go through this again. You have already beat it and you will beat it again this time too. Remain strong, focus on what you can control and let everyone take care of you for a change.
    Keeping you in my prayers,
    Kelly
  • karen1951
    karen1951 Member Posts: 103
    Options
    kellyh33 said:

This makes me sad
    Hi Val,
    I am so sorry you have to go through this again. You have already beat it and you will beat it again this time too. Remain strong, focus on what you can control and let everyone take care of you for a change.
    Keeping you in my prayers,
    Kelly

val...so sorry to hear this
    val...so sorry to hear this news and you will be in all our thoughts and prayers...i am on gemzar right now and thankfully the side effects are minimal AND...i feel like it might be working!!!!.... karen
  • mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    HUGS TO YOU, VAL
    I am so sorry to hear this, Val. I feel your sadness and fear. But remember, 'He has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind'. You have a good plan (retirement, treatment, living life to the fullest). We're right here with you. Sending lots of hugs and prayers.

Just wondering, how has this recurrance exhibit itself?

Monika
  • Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    Options
    (((HUGS))) Val
    This is definitely NOT the news we wanted for you, but I know you'll face this head on. I've been on gemzar/cisplatin for quite awhile and it has reduced my tumors and is keeping me stable. Give yourself time to be sad, scared, mad... whatever, for you are one of the positive warriors on this board and that will take you far. I'm sorry you have to hang up your nursing shoes, but you're right it's time to concentrate on you. We're right here for you. (((((((((HUGS))))))))) Maria
  • carolenk
    carolenk Member Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Mwee said:

(((HUGS))) Val
    This is definitely NOT the news we wanted for you, but I know you'll face this head on. I've been on gemzar/cisplatin for quite awhile and it has reduced my tumors and is keeping me stable. Give yourself time to be sad, scared, mad... whatever, for you are one of the positive warriors on this board and that will take you far. I'm sorry you have to hang up your nursing shoes, but you're right it's time to concentrate on you. We're right here for you. (((((((((HUGS))))))))) Maria

Back on chemo
    I'm really sad to hear you have to go back on chemo. How long was your remission?
  • jbeans888
    jbeans888 Member Posts: 313
    Options
    Val, this news is upsetting.
    Val, this news is upsetting. I will be thinking of you often. Stay mentally strong. It's just time to pull out the big girl teal panties. All the best
    Joyce
  • Cindy Bear
    Cindy Bear Member Posts: 569
    Options
    Val
    I am sorry to hear this news... I am glad you are going to quit your job and focus on you and your treatment and getting well. And that you have a plan in place Keeping you close in thoughts and prayers,
    Big hugs,
    Cindy
  • jadav1956
    jadav1956 Member Posts: 95 Member
    Options

Val
    I am sorry to hear this news... I am glad you are going to quit your job and focus on you and your treatment and getting well. And that you have a plan in place Keeping you close in thoughts and prayers,
    Big hugs,
    Cindy

Val, we are here for you,
    Val, we are here for you, You have been here for us when we needed to hear positive and uplifting prayers and thoughts. Prayers headed your way . You are so strong and positive and helped me a lot. I know you can put the ugly beast back into NED. Jackir
  • Cafewoman53
    Cafewoman53 Member Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    A Sad day for your patients !
    It is terrible you have to fight this so soon and the medical profession is losing a great nurse, just from the way you face this battle I can tell your personality must have helped those you cared for. You can do this and now you get to spend more time with your husband ! Plus maybe we could do lunch !
    Colleen
  • kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options

A Sad day for your patients !
    It is terrible you have to fight this so soon and the medical profession is losing a great nurse, just from the way you face this battle I can tell your personality must have helped those you cared for. You can do this and now you get to spend more time with your husband ! Plus maybe we could do lunch !
    Colleen

Hey girl
    kick a**. You are just the one to do it. This beast will be sorry it messed with you. Love your sense of humor (facebook). You make me laugh everyday.

Karen