Cancer Walk in June

disneyfan2008
disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
I signed up to be on friends team! I had to think twice when it say Donation to sign up survivor (yes or no) I dont' know why I just say I HAD cancer..I dont' think of it as survivor and I KNOW I AM...even though mine was caughter early RIGHT?

I had only radiation-so have not gone through all many / most in this great group!
SO I CLICKED yes and proud of it..!

Denise

Comments

• Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    You are still a survivor any
    You are still a survivor any one that is cancer free no mater how early it was caught or what they go through is a survivor.

Hugs Frankie
  • jlo14
    jlo14 Member Posts: 1

You are still a survivor any
    You are still a survivor any one that is cancer free no mater how early it was caught or what they go through is a survivor.

Hugs Frankie

Survivor
    You are a survivor no matter what stage or treatments you have. It doesn't matter if you are cancer free or battling cancer for 8 years (like me). I am a survivor, I have stage IV (now) and it has been 2 years of chemo and treatments...I wake up every day and thank God for being a survivor. The fight is hard, but a positive attitude and knowing that God is with me every step of the way is how I handle things. Remember that winners are simply willing to do what losers won't. Fight Hard! Don't give up!
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    jlo14 said:

Survivor
    You are a survivor no matter what stage or treatments you have. It doesn't matter if you are cancer free or battling cancer for 8 years (like me). I am a survivor, I have stage IV (now) and it has been 2 years of chemo and treatments...I wake up every day and thank God for being a survivor. The fight is hard, but a positive attitude and knowing that God is with me every step of the way is how I handle things. Remember that winners are simply willing to do what losers won't. Fight Hard! Don't give up!

This is how I found this
    This is how I found this site...friend had skin cancer she had surgery and said I am a survior. I said why I always say I HAD cancer! UNTIL THEN never thought of it-so found this site for the answer. Since then I have found and shared much on here..

Thanks all

Denise

I wish I found it earlier..it was about 2 yrs post treatment etc..