Port pain

I had a power port put in yesterday and I'm having a lot of pain. Did anyone else have excessive pain after port placement? It's very frustrating, and I dare say, worse than the partial mastectomy pain. I wasn't really expecting to be in pain, maybe just sore.

Comments

• sweetvickid
    sweetvickid Member Posts: 459 Member
    Mine was just sore. I found
    Mine was just sore. I found if I layed on the side with the port it really hurt the next morning so I used a wedge pillow to make me sleep on my back for a few days. If the pain persists I would check with your surgeon.
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    I was just a bit 'tender'.
    I was just a bit 'tender'. Hubby made me take an oxycodon when we got home and then at 6 but when he woke me at midnight to take another one I refused - did not need anything - not even OTC tylenol. 2 days after it was put in I was back giving riding lessons and riding. Sorry you are havi8ng pain from it. I'd call your DR about it.

Susan
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    In the first weeks I had
    In the first weeks I had some 'pulling' and discomfort, a little pain. Don't be shy about asking someone to take a look at it if you feel the pain is excessive.

Hugs,

Linda
  • marathonmama2012
    marathonmama2012 Member Posts: 7

In the first weeks I had
    In the first weeks I had some 'pulling' and discomfort, a little pain. Don't be shy about asking someone to take a look at it if you feel the pain is excessive.

Hugs,

Linda

I went in to the doctor this
    I went in to the doctor this morning. He took the bandages off and I am really red. He put me on Lortab and bedrest for the weekend and said only 1% have problems with port placement, and I am one of the lucky ones. Yay me. This hurts worse than my surgery! At least I know I'm not crazy.
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

I went in to the doctor this
    I went in to the doctor this morning. He took the bandages off and I am really red. He put me on Lortab and bedrest for the weekend and said only 1% have problems with port placement, and I am one of the lucky ones. Yay me. This hurts worse than my surgery! At least I know I'm not crazy.

I am so sorry that you are
    I am so sorry that you are in such pain. I hope that you will start feeling better and be pain free quickly.

Very gentle hugs,

Megan
  • mollyz
    mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
    sore port!!!
    When i had one it was very sore,i had had a mastectomy and it didn't hurt but when i had that little thing put in i couldn't sleep it hurt so bad but after bout a week or two it got alright,i had to sleep with a pillow under that side,I'm petite and i guess that might have had something to do with it. good luck and we'll be here for you if there's anymore questions, welcome to the boards,I very sorry we had to meet under these circumstances but im glad this board is here for all of us who need it.~~MollyZ~~
  • madsters1
    madsters1 Member Posts: 120
    Yes, my port site was tender
    Yes, my port site was tender almost the entire time I had it. Sometimes it was slightly bruised. That made it painful for access during chemo. My onco said because there wan't much fat there and the placement wasn't good. I had to tough it out. Had it placed on Oct31( how befitting) and removed Jan 29th. Couldn't get it out soon enough. The thing is, now the incision site is STILL tender!!