Scan results...clinical trial

Options
An update on my husband, Andy, who is in a clinical trial treatment for metastasis...Andy has had four out of eight cycles of his Reovirus clinical trial and had his second ct scan a week ago. His first scan showed a very positive response with approximately 40% shrinkage of his lesions. The second scan surprised his oncologist showing even more shrinkage. The doctor was actually expecting to see "stable disease", so we were all very thankful to see this response.

I know that there is a small percentage on this board dealing with a recurrence but, I do want to keep everyone informed of our journey battling a distant metastasis, since we are seeing positive results. I am always more than happy to share my experience with clinical trial searches if anyone has the need. Just send me a private message.

We are hoping and praying for continued positive reports and appreciate your support greatly!

Robin

Comments

• longtermsurvivor
    longtermsurvivor Member Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Robin thanks for posting this
    It is great to hear of Andy's response to the trial. This is heartening for those who have run the gammut of standard treatments. Thanks for blazing the trail. Wishing you continued success.

Pat
  • jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    praying
    robin, continuing to keep you both in prayer. Thanks for the update.

Debbie
  • adventurebob
    adventurebob Member Posts: 691
    Options
    Wow!
    That's great news Robin. Really happy to read this. So nice to know there's another tool in the metastatic disease arsenal. Keep the good news coming.

AB
  • joannaw81
    joannaw81 Member Posts: 185 Member
    Options

Wow!
    That's great news Robin. Really happy to read this. So nice to know there's another tool in the metastatic disease arsenal. Keep the good news coming.

AB

thank you
    that is great news, thank you
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Fantastic....
    Hopes, thoughts and prayers for continued improvement and long term success....

Best,
    John
  • mixleader
    mixleader Member Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Cllinical Trial
    Wow! Robin that is really great news. I hope and pray that these results keep on coming until 'the beast' is gone. I also considered a clinical trial, but my cancer is so rare that none were being held. Best of luck and kick this thing.

Roger
  • luv4lacrosse
    luv4lacrosse Member Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    GREAT NEWS
    Robin, this news just made my day.

Stay strong

Best!!

Mike
  • robinleigh
    robinleigh Member Posts: 297
    Options
    mixleader said:

Cllinical Trial
    Wow! Robin that is really great news. I hope and pray that these results keep on coming until 'the beast' is gone. I also considered a clinical trial, but my cancer is so rare that none were being held. Best of luck and kick this thing.

Roger

Roger
    Just FYI...The Lance Armstrong Foundation has clinical trial coordinators who actually TALK to you on the phone about your specific situation. I reached them at www.livestrong.org. They check in with me every three weeks for updates on Andy's progress and always have current trials available for us to consider in case need be.

Best wishes,
    Robin
  • robinleigh
    Options

Wow!

AB

AB
    I dream of one day going on a healthy hike with Andy as you are doing!
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    Thankful
    Robin, Sounds positive. I may not be on the board as much anymore, but you and Andy are in my daily prayers. Will give a prayer of thanksgiving for that positive report.
  • robinleigh
    Options

Thankful
    Robin, Sounds positive. I may not be on the board as much anymore, but you and Andy are in my daily prayers. Will give a prayer of thanksgiving for that positive report.

ty dawn
    I know you're taking a little break but I appreciate your chiming in when you can. It's quite obvious that many people miss you so I love it when you post! Thanks for your prayers. Prayers back for your continued health!
    Robin