SORE

Well guys and gals, I had a very long day Thursday. It started with the wire localization at 0830 which was done by ultrasound guidance. It was uncomfortable but not painful by any means and I didn't even take an Ativan :) After that they wheeled me over to day surgery where I sat until they finally took me back at 1pm!!! Once I woke up from surgery I was given Dilaudid for the pain and I had a reaction to it so they gave me phenegren and put me back to sleep. I was finally able to go home at 7p
. Surgeon said it was confirmed as a low grade Phyllodes tumor (final pathology should be back Tuesday or Wednesday) but he was able to get good clean margins even though it was bigger then they had originally thought, YIPPEEE!! I have been wearing a supportive bra 24/7 since and have been quite sore. Took bandages off yesterday and I see why I have been so sore, the bruising is quite extensive and the incision is 3 times the size I thought it would be :(

All in all, I am resting, applying ice and taking meds. Thank you so much for everything! I will post after pathology comes back. Dr said I am officially a survivor! Just have to be very vigilant in the battle.

Comments

• jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Hi Stacy,

I am glad to hear the procedure went well and you are recovering. I remember after my mastectomy being amazed at how many different colors of skin bruising there were. I saw some of the loveliest shades of purple. Since the tumor was removed with clean margins, will you be needing further treatment of any kind? Chemo? Radiation? Thank you for keeping us posted on your progress. We pink sisters and brothers have to stick together.

IRENE
  • stacy_harp
    stacy_harp Member Posts: 44

Hi Stacy,

I am glad to hear the procedure went well and you are recovering. I remember after my mastectomy being amazed at how many different colors of skin bruising there were. I saw some of the loveliest shades of purple. Since the tumor was removed with clean margins, will you be needing further treatment of any kind? Chemo? Radiation? Thank you for keeping us posted on your progress. We pink sisters and brothers have to stick together.

IRENE

Follow up
    Irene,

The only follow up for low grade Phyllodes is constant vigilant monitoring. I will have mammogram and ultrasound every 4 months with an MRI every 6 months for 2 years and then if still ok i will switch to every 6-9 month mammo and us with MRI yearly. The reoccurrence rate is high so if that happens I will then have to decide on mastectomy (single or bilayeral). Phyllodes hasn't shown reaction to chemo, radiation or hormones. If it reoccurs then we will look at localized rads after mastectomy to maybe slow or stop it from moving to chest wall and lungs. If it moves to those areas then they talk about chemo etc.

Thank you so much for everything! I will continue to be active on thi site as I am now officially a pink sister! I will be sure to be on EVERY bus ride as this site has done so much for me in such a short amount of time! You aren't rid of me!!!! :)

~Stacy~
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    wow long time (to lay still
    wow long time (to lay still once wires in place) as you said NOT painful but I was not happy and they said they could not and would not give me anything to make me relax a bit. Shortly after done in holding area gave me something great.

Sorry in pain and bruised. Do you have to do radiation?

thinking of you..

Denise
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

Follow up
    Irene,

The only follow up for low grade Phyllodes is constant vigilant monitoring. I will have mammogram and ultrasound every 4 months with an MRI every 6 months for 2 years and then if still ok i will switch to every 6-9 month mammo and us with MRI yearly. The reoccurrence rate is high so if that happens I will then have to decide on mastectomy (single or bilayeral). Phyllodes hasn't shown reaction to chemo, radiation or hormones. If it reoccurs then we will look at localized rads after mastectomy to maybe slow or stop it from moving to chest wall and lungs. If it moves to those areas then they talk about chemo etc.

Thank you so much for everything! I will continue to be active on thi site as I am now officially a pink sister! I will be sure to be on EVERY bus ride as this site has done so much for me in such a short amount of time! You aren't rid of me!!!! :)

~Stacy~

Clean margins is good news
    Clean margins is good news Stacy and I am glad that this is behind you now. You rest and take it easy and I will be praying for a good path report from you.

Hugs, Kylez
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

wow long time (to lay still
    wow long time (to lay still once wires in place) as you said NOT painful but I was not happy and they said they could not and would not give me anything to make me relax a bit. Shortly after done in holding area gave me something great.

Sorry in pain and bruised. Do you have to do radiation?

thinking of you..

Denise

Congratulations on clear
    Congratulations on clear margins!

Hugs, Leeza