Sweetblood22?

Options
D Lewis
D Lewis Member Posts: 1,581 Member
I haven't seen Sweetblood around lately. Have I simply not been paying attention? I hope all is well.

Deb

Comments

• Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    She's Good...
    and so is the noodle.... Dawn has just been cutting back a little on here.

JG
  • Roselvr
    Roselvr Member Posts: 30
    Options
    Is anyone having problems
    Is anyone having problems logging in?

I tried to log in last week & found my account removed. Apparently people from this board do not reply to the contact us (I sent 2)- so I'm left wondering what I did to get removed. I hardly get here; so I have no clue why someone would pick on me. I tried clicking my user name; that doesn't even load.
  • longtermsurvivor
    longtermsurvivor Member Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Roselvr said:

I tried to log in last week & found my account removed. Apparently people from this board do not reply to the contact us (I sent 2)- so I'm left wondering what I did to get removed. I hardly get here; so I have no clue why someone would pick on me. I tried clicking my user name; that doesn't even load.

It happens
    and it isn't personal, which is nice to know;) Creaky website, many malfunctions. You are 4x4 now, so welcome!
  • Skiffin16
    Options
    Roselvr said:

Greta
    Greta is the one to contact through PM....

She's the site admin/moderator, she's always responded to my questions.

I do know that Dawn was having problems getting on the other night. She wasn't removed, just network traffic I presume.

Though I do think I heard of someone recently being banned, not sure of the specifics.

JG
  • soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788 Member
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Greta

I do know that Dawn was having problems getting on the other night. She wasn't removed, just network traffic I presume.

Though I do think I heard of someone recently being banned, not sure of the specifics.

JG

bans
    Normally, anyone who is banned will be alerted that such is the case. In all of the cases I am aware from over the years, folks have been given more than one chance to adjust behavior, whether in the forums or the chat area or on their personal space.

In my experience, it is only when the behavior is continued and/or responses to the initial warnings are replete with continuing unsatisfactory behavior that people are banned from the site.

When people sign in the first time, they are asked to read the terms and conditions, which explain the type of behavior that will not be tolerated. Some consider this censorship, but it is not and we need to consider that since cancer has no biases but attacks all of us, the rich, the poor, the black, the white, yellow, red, the smart, the not-so-smart, catholics, muslims, jews, agnostics, atheists, you get the idea, it is incumbent upon us, all of us, to treat each other with respect.

I am not aware of the most recent banning, so bring up the above only to explain that when it happens, there is generally a very good reason for it.

While on the subject of getting in and out, it is true that the site has had historically acknowledged issues with downages, either the entire site or just the chat room. It is true that the site has also appeared to hiccup from time to time and simply screw up someone's membership. Be advised, in my understand, for what it's worth, that ACS and the CSN group contract out at least some and maybe all of the software (and maybe even hardware) functionality involved here, and so are typically as frustrated as we are when the site or the chat room go down unexpectedly.

That said, it is often also true that some users have adverse settings (perhaps a change in security or java-related settings?), outdated associated software (Java, eg), outdated hardware and the like. If everyone else is getting in and you are not, the chances are that you have a problem locally, perhaps with your provider, perhaps with a memory overload for some reason, a conflict in software running at the same time, something along that order. {I am NOT a CSN employee and have no access to the hardware or software, so this is only supposition, really, based on previous experience designing and developing sites, particularly those involved with the software apparently used here.}

Not to excuse CSN of its part in our frustration from time to time.

Take care,

Joe
  • Roselvr
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Greta

JG

How do I contact her?
    I was

How do I contact her?

I was not given any warnings- nothing; ever. From what I see; I was last here on the 16th.
    I think the last time I posted was Zofran.. I also posted to your post about knowing someone.. the small world.
  • Roselvr
    Options

bans
    Normally, anyone who is banned will be alerted that such is the case. In all of the cases I am aware from over the years, folks have been given more than one chance to adjust behavior, whether in the forums or the chat area or on their personal space.

In my experience, it is only when the behavior is continued and/or responses to the initial warnings are replete with continuing unsatisfactory behavior that people are banned from the site.

When people sign in the first time, they are asked to read the terms and conditions, which explain the type of behavior that will not be tolerated. Some consider this censorship, but it is not and we need to consider that since cancer has no biases but attacks all of us, the rich, the poor, the black, the white, yellow, red, the smart, the not-so-smart, catholics, muslims, jews, agnostics, atheists, you get the idea, it is incumbent upon us, all of us, to treat each other with respect.

I am not aware of the most recent banning, so bring up the above only to explain that when it happens, there is generally a very good reason for it.

While on the subject of getting in and out, it is true that the site has had historically acknowledged issues with downages, either the entire site or just the chat room. It is true that the site has also appeared to hiccup from time to time and simply screw up someone's membership. Be advised, in my understand, for what it's worth, that ACS and the CSN group contract out at least some and maybe all of the software (and maybe even hardware) functionality involved here, and so are typically as frustrated as we are when the site or the chat room go down unexpectedly.

That said, it is often also true that some users have adverse settings (perhaps a change in security or java-related settings?), outdated associated software (Java, eg), outdated hardware and the like. If everyone else is getting in and you are not, the chances are that you have a problem locally, perhaps with your provider, perhaps with a memory overload for some reason, a conflict in software running at the same time, something along that order. {I am NOT a CSN employee and have no access to the hardware or software, so this is only supposition, really, based on previous experience designing and developing sites, particularly those involved with the software apparently used here.}

Not to excuse CSN of its part in our frustration from time to time.

Take care,

Joe

Thanks Joe. I tried to log
    Thanks Joe. I tried to log in it said I was possibly blocked or something like that.
    I used to mod for a national magazine & know that most places usually warn; & I did not get any warnings. I rarely come here because there are no email notifications on new posts. I don't recall ever posting anything that would offend anyone.

Even though I've been here a year; I still feel like the new gal because I don't know how this board operates & have no clue who I contact except for the contact us; which I've done twice with no replies.
  • Skiffin16
    Options
    Roselvr said:

How do I contact her?
    I was

How do I contact her?

I was not given any warnings- nothing; ever. From what I see; I was last here on the 16th.
    I think the last time I posted was Zofran.. I also posted to your post about knowing someone.. the small world.

CSN Email
    Top left of the forum page...then bottom center, "Write A New Message".

Greta is the one you'd need to ask....that is her screename.

JG
  • Roselvr
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

CSN Email
    Top left of the forum page...then bottom center, "Write A New Message".

Greta is the one you'd need to ask....that is her screename.

JG

Thank you. Hopefully she can
    Thank you. Hopefully she can answer my question. I'm frustrated.
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    Hi Deb. I'm here. Thanks
    Hi Deb. I'm here. Thanks for checking on me. I've just been cutting back a bit on here. Checking in about twice a week, instead of two and three times a day. Just need a bit of a break. I will post a little less, and just on stuff I feel that I can contribute something that hasn't been said, or that I have personally been through, etc.

I did try and get on for a couple days and catch up, and it kept saying there was some server error. So I gave up. Lol. I am also not on Facebook as much these days, either.

Hope everyone is well.