WOW Just realized yesterday it was 2 years since I finished chemo.

Options
BlownAway60
BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
I haven't posted in a while but I do check in almost every day to see what is going on. I still see a lot of familiar faces and of course a lot of new ones. Still taking Femara and it is still giving me joint pain. I will be taking it for 3 more years. Check ups have all been good and I still worry about the beast coming back, just not as much as I used to.

I pray every day for our kindred spirit sisters and brothers that are still fighting the beast and I pray everday for a cure too.

I am still crocheting hats and donating them to my local chemo clinics. The need just doesn't go away and I love the way it makes me feel. Just paying it forward. I have given away over 550 since I began doing this in 2010.

Hugs and prayers to all.

Donna

Comments

• bad121749
    bad121749 Member Posts: 31
    Options
    Keep up the good work!
    God bless you, Donna, for what you are doing to help others. I was diagnosed in Oct. 2010, surgery in November with chemo and radiation to follow. There were many kind souls who helped and meant so much to me during that terrible time. We should all learn to take life one day at a time. Hugs
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    bad121749 said:

Keep up the good work!
    God bless you, Donna, for what you are doing to help others. I was diagnosed in Oct. 2010, surgery in November with chemo and radiation to follow. There were many kind souls who helped and meant so much to me during that terrible time. We should all learn to take life one day at a time. Hugs

good to hear from you. was
    good to hear from you. was just thinking of you! 550 awesome! it was two years for me in january and will be two years this month for my last OR knock on wood!
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    carkris said:

good to hear from you. was just thinking of you! 550 awesome! it was two years for me in january and will be two years this month for my last OR knock on wood!

Donna Great job 550 hats!
    Donna
    Congratulations on both 2 years out of Chemo and 550 hats. What a great accomplishment!!!!
    Hugs
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Hey Donna!
    Great hearing from you. Look at your hair! Glad things are going well. Are you still enjoying your retirement?
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    you keep on going...makes
    you keep on going...makes you feel good and makes patients feel special...

congrats...2 yrs..

Denise
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    'Tanfastic'
    Jan. 28. 2010 was my last chemo and started rads on Feb 4, 2010 (started Femara on Feb 11, 2010 and according to the last time I saw my Chemo Dr, I'll be on it forever - i'm oneof the lucky ones - no SEs) Mar 11 is the day I'm looking forward to as was my last Rad.

I always thought I was a fairly quick crocheter but there is no way I coould have made 550 hats in that time frame. You put me to shame - guess I need to get off my 'posterior' and make some scarves to donate. I've thought about it several times when I made something for myself and had extra material left over but never got up the gumption to get it done.

Congratulations!

Susan
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    carkris said:

Congrats Donna!

Congrats Donna!
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Wowsers
    You knit fast. I used to knit a lot until I got carpal tunnel syndrome. Glad you still can. Glad to hear you are out there and doing ok.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Hey Donna!
    Great hearing from you. Look at your hair! Glad things are going well. Are you still enjoying your retirement?

Congrats on the hats and on
    Congrats on the hats and on your anniversary!

Hugs, Lex
  • Mitzi333
    Mitzi333 Member Posts: 511 Member
    Options

Wowsers
    You knit fast. I used to knit a lot until I got carpal tunnel syndrome. Glad you still can. Glad to hear you are out there and doing ok.

Congratulations Donna!!!
    That's Wonderful News!!! It's Always Wonderful to hear of a Cancerversary!!!

Wishing YOU Well!!! Great way to give back by knitting. ;0) I know it's Appreciated!!!

Thanks for the update!!!

{{{Hugs}}}
    Mitzi ;0)