Cervical cancer - did anyone experience.....

Did anyone experience lower back pain and a lot of discharge? No blood, no smell and no pelvic pain (other than typical PMS cramps.) I had 2 irregular paps in 2010 but colpo showed nothing. The pap in Oct 2011 was all normal. Just had another pap last week and haven't heard back, but the discharge is much heavier than normal, and back pain is too. I know, I know....could just be PMS...but very nervous.

Any advice would be great.

Comments

• astgermain
    astgermain Member Posts: 2
    my experience
    anemia, extremely low ferritin levels, bleeding 25 of 28 days each month, painful intercourse with bleeding after, extreme fatigue, leg pain, pain on right side under rib with radiation to back, vaginal discharge with a strange odor, mood swings, bruising, decreased cognition.

I fought with my primary doc for a year before getting my diagnosis. Ask for a ferritin level, make sure that the doc does a visual exam of the cervix. Ask for CA-125 if you really fear cancer. Another test that you could request, costs about $3000 is a PET scan.

If you are sure that there is something wrong, get tests done. Peace of mind is worth a lot :)
  • ccfighter
    ccfighter Member Posts: 476

my experience
    anemia, extremely low ferritin levels, bleeding 25 of 28 days each month, painful intercourse with bleeding after, extreme fatigue, leg pain, pain on right side under rib with radiation to back, vaginal discharge with a strange odor, mood swings, bruising, decreased cognition.

I fought with my primary doc for a year before getting my diagnosis. Ask for a ferritin level, make sure that the doc does a visual exam of the cervix. Ask for CA-125 if you really fear cancer. Another test that you could request, costs about $3000 is a PET scan.

If you are sure that there is something wrong, get tests done. Peace of mind is worth a lot :)

Astgermain,
    I am sorry it

Astgermain,
    I am sorry it took so long for a diagnosis. I too spent over a year going to docs with post coital bleeding and fatigue before I was diagnosed. What stage were you?
  • Rachb
    Rachb Member Posts: 3
    My experience
    I was diagnosed with stage 1b cervical cancer in Feb 2010. I had no bleeding, no pelvic pain. Had a discharge and lower back pain that was originally diagnosed as bladder infection. I had rad hyst in May 2010. Every 6 month checkup. I am 2 years out and heading for my next checkup. I have had increased back pain/pelvic pain over the last month o I am concerned. I also was diagnosed with breast cancer in July 2010--stage 2 -- no relation to the cervical....just unlucky. Had chemo for breast cancer. Cancer sucks....am hoping I am not heading back into this whole thing again.
  • Rachb
    Rachb Member Posts: 3
    My experience
    I was diagnosed with stage 1b cervical cancer in Feb 2010. I had no bleeding, no pelvic pain. Had a discharge and lower back pain that was originally diagnosed as bladder infection. I had rad hyst in May 2010. Every 6 month checkup. I am 2 years out and heading for my next checkup. I have had increased back pain/pelvic pain over the last month o I am concerned. I also was diagnosed with breast cancer in July 2010--stage 2 -- no relation to the cervical....just unlucky. Had chemo for breast cancer. Cancer sucks....am hoping I am not heading back into this whole thing again.