Hot flash remedies?

Options
Hello to everyone. I have a question. Night sweats interrupt my sleep many times per night. Does anyone have ideas? Thanks

Comments

• LoveButterflies
    LoveButterflies Member Posts: 74
    Options
    I am currently taking
    I am currently taking Effexor XR 75 mg daily, have been taking it since I had my surgery 6 months ago. It is an anti-depressant medicine but I am using it for relief of the hot flashes. It has helped me from the first day I started taking it. No more night sweats, the hot flashes during the day were much less in intensity and fewer in number. Talk to your doctor about it. It's definitely helped me.

Carmen
  • 2timothy1 7
    2timothy1 7 Member Posts: 345
    Options

I am currently taking
    I am currently taking Effexor XR 75 mg daily, have been taking it since I had my surgery 6 months ago. It is an anti-depressant medicine but I am using it for relief of the hot flashes. It has helped me from the first day I started taking it. No more night sweats, the hot flashes during the day were much less in intensity and fewer in number. Talk to your doctor about it. It's definitely helped me.

Carmen

Thanks, I will ask about it
    Thanks, I will ask about it next dr visit.
  • Twins Ga-Ga
    Twins Ga-Ga Member Posts: 10
    Options

I am currently taking

Carmen

Hot Flashes??
    Hi - My surgery was back in July and the past couple mos. have been awful with night sweats but mostly off and on all day my head getting warm to the touch and soaking wet. I wonder if I could take that Effexor since I'm already on Wellbutrin and Zoloft? It's bad too when I just want to take my wig off b/c I'm so hot but I only do that around certain people. (ha) I'm glad it works for you!!!

Linda
  • granpatty
    granpatty Member Posts: 38
    Options
    Hello there...Try Black
    Hello there...Try Black Cohosh, it is a natural medicine and it does work!!!