Update

Ladies the figure a way for me to do half the ct scan the doc wanted done . Good news it came back clear . But news I got a very nice (lol) rash from the contrast. From my neck on down to my legs no fun. antihisiamine forgive spelling and oatmeal bath to calm down the itchy. And now I have learned I cant no long eat any type of shellfish oh darn.

Comments

• calvertcrafts
    calvertcrafts Member Posts: 93 Member
    Shellfish
    I am also allergic to shellfish. ALWAYS remember to tell the Doc before ANY scans, xrays or tests that you have this allergy. There are other types of dye that can be used to prevent the itching and rash. Hope you're feeling better soon.
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Shellfish
    Hearing good news makes the rash easier to take. Glad all will be well and that is no way to learn that you are allergic to shellfish.

Best,

Doris
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    SIROD said:

Shellfish
    Hearing good news makes the rash easier to take. Glad all will be well and that is no way to learn that you are allergic to shellfish.

Best,

Doris

Congrats on the good news,
    Congrats on the good news, but, sorry about the rash
  • bad121749
    bad121749 Member Posts: 31
    No Betadine either
    Sorry about the shellfish. Nurses should also ask about the allergy, and when they discover the allergy to contrast dye, they should not use betadine/iodine on your skin as well.
  • jerseygirl231
    jerseygirl231 Member Posts: 178
    bad121749 said:

No Betadine either
    Sorry about the shellfish. Nurses should also ask about the allergy, and when they discover the allergy to contrast dye, they should not use betadine/iodine on your skin as well.

Thanks Everyone
    No ever asked me about it. Afterfour days of a antihisitamine I am almost clear. And bathing in oatmeal the itching has calmed downed.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

Thanks Everyone
    No ever asked me about it. Afterfour days of a antihisitamine I am almost clear. And bathing in oatmeal the itching has calmed downed.

Congrats on the clear scan.
    Congrats on the clear scan. And, make sure that your allergies are on your records. The nurses or techs should always ask you prior to anything. Glad your rash is better.

Hugs, Angie
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Congrats on the scan
    Luckily you found out about the allergy before it could do major havoc. The minor havoc is bad enough.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Congrats on the scan
    Luckily you found out about the allergy before it could do major havoc. The minor havoc is bad enough.

good news, good results on scan ..
    allergic reaction -- so sorry! I am glad to hear that you are doing better.
    What a ride!

Prayers for you and continued healing.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam