Prays please!

Options
My grandfather had his surgery to remove his esophugas on Monday. Everything was going well but then he started having alcohol withdraws and the doctor sedated him because he became so irrational. But now they think he has pneumonia. So everybody if you can please please please pray for him. I know that he is strong but the prays will never hurt!

Comments

• sangora
    sangora Member Posts: 213
    Options
    Prayers
    Prayers will be going up for your grand dad. This is a tuff time, but hopefully he can get thru it. Sam Stage IV
  • Jessi1990
    Jessi1990 Member Posts: 14
    Options
    sangora said:

Prayers
    Prayers will be going up for your grand dad. This is a tuff time, but hopefully he can get thru it. Sam Stage IV

Thank you so much!!

Thank you so much!!
  • TerryV
    TerryV Member Posts: 887
    Options
    In our thoughts and prayers
    Jessi,

Prayers of strength and healing for your grandfather.

Hugs of support to you and your family,

Terry
  • Jessi1990
    Options
    TerryV said:

In our thoughts and prayers
    Jessi,

Prayers of strength and healing for your grandfather.

Hugs of support to you and your family,

Terry

Thank you Terry! We are
    Thank you Terry! We are grateful!
  • JReed
    JReed Member Posts: 428
    Options
    Prayers for Grandpa
    You bet we'll send prayers for grandpa ~ my father was a heavy drinker for many years so I kinda understand where grandpa is with this. He is in a good place to take care of the withdrawal symptoms.

Hopefully the pneumonia clears up quickly and all of this will be a little blip. The body is an amazing thing and prayers can only help.

Hugs to you,
    Judy
  • Jessi1990
    Options
    JReed said:

Prayers for Grandpa
    You bet we'll send prayers for grandpa ~ my father was a heavy drinker for many years so I kinda understand where grandpa is with this. He is in a good place to take care of the withdrawal symptoms.

Hopefully the pneumonia clears up quickly and all of this will be a little blip. The body is an amazing thing and prayers can only help.

Hugs to you,
    Judy

Thank you to everyone who
    Thank you to everyone who sent up prays for my grandpa! I jus wanted to let everyone know that God heard them! My grandpas pneumonia test came back negative! Every test the doctor called for came back negative! We are so grateful to God and all of you! The doctor told my grandma that even though he looks rough with all of the machines hooked up to him, he is still healthy! It's just the alcohol withdraws that has him in its grips! The doctor plans to keep him sedated and on a ventilator til Monday in hopes that the worst of the alcohol withdraws is over!

Judy, did your dad go through withdraws? If so would you mind me asking how long it took him to get over it?
  • JReed
    JReed Member Posts: 428
    Options
    Jessi1990 said:

Thank you to everyone who
    Thank you to everyone who sent up prays for my grandpa! I jus wanted to let everyone know that God heard them! My grandpas pneumonia test came back negative! Every test the doctor called for came back negative! We are so grateful to God and all of you! The doctor told my grandma that even though he looks rough with all of the machines hooked up to him, he is still healthy! It's just the alcohol withdraws that has him in its grips! The doctor plans to keep him sedated and on a ventilator til Monday in hopes that the worst of the alcohol withdraws is over!

Judy, did your dad go through withdraws? If so would you mind me asking how long it took him to get over it?

Yes he did go through withdrawals
    Yes, my father went through withdrawals - as did my mother and two sisters. Alcoholism was prevalent in my family (on both my mother's side and my father's side). If I remember correctly with my dad - he was agitated, restless, not sleeping well and ornery for about a month - he was not under a doctor's care as he should have been. My sister's both were hospitalized for withdrawals. My mom quit drinking at the same time my father did and I don't recall her having such a rough time with things - but she is a tough woman in her own right so it's kinda hard to say if she had bad time or it was just her personality LOL (not really funny I know - but it kind of is if you know her!)

I'm sure your grandpa will get through this rough patch just fine - his doctor will be monitoring him closely and like many addictions - once you've gone through this rough withdrawal phase - you will not want to go through that again.

My dad had 3 open heart surgeries and after the first one (which he had very little chance of making it through and by the grace of our God, he did) - he asked me to bring him his cigarettes the day I was taking him home. The nurse heard him ask me if I brought his cigs, and she looked him in the eyes, very seriously, and with tears in her eyes, said "If you smoke again - you are going to undo everything you have just gone through and you will die." My dad never smoked again.

We will continue to keep you all in our prayers and hope grandpa's recovering sails along for him.

Hugs
    Judy