Anybody else have nose bleeds with A/C?

Options
AngieD
AngieD Member Posts: 493
I've had 3 A/C treatments 2 weeks apart. Since the very first one, I've had blood every day when I blow my nose, sometime a little, sometime a lot with clots. My onco says its just the mucus membranes being affected. I hadn't had an actual nose bleed (bleeding without blowing my nose) until today. Sorry for the gross descriptions, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. We've had a very mild winter and I run a humidifier, so I don't think it's winter dryness.
Angie

Comments

• jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    A/C and Nose Bleeds
    Hi Angie,

I had 4 rounds of A/C and then 12 rounds of Taxotere. I did indeed have the type of nose bleeds you have described. I think your oncologist is right on when he says that combo is affecting the nasal membranes. It could be that when you lose the little hairs in the nose that affects matters, too. I had far more issues during the Taxotere rounds than I did during the A/C rounds. I wish you the best.

IRENE
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Nose
    Hi Angie - I'm sorry you are having issues. I didn't bleed but I developed nose sores - painful - but they went away during taxol. AC is usually harder on people, I think. It drys out your skin (had other issues too). You are almost done with AC though, which is great! This problem should stop. Feel better soon.
  • Margeaux
    Margeaux Member Posts: 84
    Options
    Nosebleeds
    Angie:
    I had nose bleeds with Taxotere and quite frequent at that. The oncologist told me to bent my head back, to put a couple of ice cubes into a cloth and gently press it against the nose. It helped.
    M.
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Margeaux said:

Nosebleeds
    Angie:
    I had nose bleeds with Taxotere and quite frequent at that. The oncologist told me to bent my head back, to put a couple of ice cubes into a cloth and gently press it against the nose. It helped.
    M.

Yes - with Taxol
    I didn't have AC, but did have 12 rounds of Taxol. Nose bleeds started after the 1st couple of treatments. I went through many boxes of tissue blowing my nose constantly - and it was always bloody. My onc said they same thing...just another lovely side effect!

Should go away after treatment is finished.

Good luck & Hugs, Debi
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    debi.18 said:

Yes - with Taxol
    I didn't have AC, but did have 12 rounds of Taxol. Nose bleeds started after the 1st couple of treatments. I went through many boxes of tissue blowing my nose constantly - and it was always bloody. My onc said they same thing...just another lovely side effect!

Should go away after treatment is finished.

Good luck & Hugs, Debi

do you think it would help
    do you think it would help to moisturize with the saline spray or use ayr gel? just a thought? if the passages are dry.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    carkris said:

do you think it would help to moisturize with the saline spray or use ayr gel? just a thought? if the passages are dry.

I too, like you Chemo Queens had same
    symptoms -- daily nose bleeds -- what helped (please check with your Oncologist, first)
    was to apply neosporin with a q-tip to lubricate my nasal passages. Keeping my
    passages moist -- helped. My tearing eyes, as well as nose bleeds -- did NOT clear up
    until 4 months post-chemo -- TCH.

Gentle hugs, and well wishes to you all.

Vicki Sam
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    carkris said:

Saline spray really helps
    Saline spray really helps with a dry nose, so, it might help with the bleeding too.

Jan
  • kellyjes
    kellyjes Member Posts: 3
    Options

Saline spray really helps
    Saline spray really helps with a dry nose, so, it might help with the bleeding too.

Jan

nose bleeds
    I had bloody noses every day with the Taxol. It stoped when the treatment stoped. I had every other side effect with the A/C.
  • AngieD
    AngieD Member Posts: 493
    Options
    kellyjes said:

nose bleeds
    I had bloody noses every day with the Taxol. It stoped when the treatment stoped. I had every other side effect with the A/C.

Thanks for all your replies!
    Thanks for all your replies! It's nice to know I'm not alone. I do use saline spray several times a day. I just finished my last A/C last Thursday and will start weekly Taxol next week. Sounds like I'll still need to keep a good supply of tissues and saline for the next 12 weeks! One day at a time----
    Angie
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    AngieD said:

Thanks for all your replies!
    Thanks for all your replies! It's nice to know I'm not alone. I do use saline spray several times a day. I just finished my last A/C last Thursday and will start weekly Taxol next week. Sounds like I'll still need to keep a good supply of tissues and saline for the next 12 weeks! One day at a time----
    Angie

No, you are not alone in
    No, you are not alone in this Angie. I hope the saline spray helps you!

Lex